Acheivement unlocked- Driving license

It was not long ago i used to ponder and surf through all the websites on what all the procedures to get a driving license in Oman. Its like everyone has an opinion as always. Driving license is an necessity around here cause there is no trains or buses for public transport. The cabs around here is good compared to india and reasonable when you are availing a "Share cab" option. But the "Engage" or the option were you decide which place to go is a bit expensive if you are comparing to the currency rates in india. But License is needed around here. People who are in Service or sales oriented jobs who need to travel around here is a must.

So If you have the Driving license back at your hometown you could get the option of slashing down the slope and drum test which i heard is pretty scary at some places since it creates a hole in your pocket. Luckily since i had my Indian License i had used that option. But newbies not to lose hope cause it is an open secret around here that it is much easier for you guys to achieve that in no time cause your are starting from the scratch. I personally have a large number of friends who have conquered the feat in just 2 tests as well.

After sorting that out next the most crucial thing you need to know is that which driver to select. Cause thats indirectly the most important thing to do. I remember my Driver was a helpful guy and always provided tips on the training ground. Such tips maybe silly to hear but on the long run it has its own magic. I even heard that some people are just afraid of their drivers that some may even quit as soon as their drivers abuses them. Keep in mind that Its you who has the power to decide whether to change the driver or not, But please keep in mind that don't take any harsh decisions when the Learners book is in his hand. (Seriously don't).

also i heard about the vastas and all that you pay money upfront and the license test is a lot lot easy. well thats true to a point but some fakes use this opportunity to run away with your money as well, so be cynical about these things. Those who feel that they don't have the confidence to go on the highway , Plz take more classes because they could help you on the long run. I remember i took my test at Al khoudh and well to be honest it was on the 6th time that i got my breakthrough. It was an awful lot of time but it was definitely worth it. I remember at around failing after my second test cause the first one is always a no no. but its like walking under the sun had given me enough confidence to go for another try after 13-15 days.

So people out there reading my blog keep in mind Driving license doesn't just adds value to your CV but also you get to make decisions to lead the WAY!!!!!!!!

P.S -Scratched one of my bucket list which says " Write about your Driving test experience"   ;)

I can understand your relief, obtaining a driving license in Oman is a major thing, congrats and welcome to road rage, traffic jams, speeding cars and inconsiderate drivers ;)

welcome to the reality. Hope it worth