Where to rent/buy a cheap car for 3 months?

Hi there,

I hope here are some kind people who can help me!
I am a german student, going to study at Quatre Bornes for 3 months. As I am living in Flic en Flac and not going to move from there I wondered where I could find a really cheap car?
I don't like to take the bus every day to University, so I guess a car would be also nice for getting around the island!

As I am not used to driving on the left, a automatic car would be best!

I hope somebody can help me out, and as I am a student I can't spend much money on the car...

Thank you all in advance for helping me! :)

Even, maybe one of you knows where I can get a really cheap vacuum cleaner? :D

Hello there...

You can post an advertisement here on Expat.com saying you're looking for a car (click on the "classified" button), or/and you can look for a car in these groups:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2805267 … mp;fref=tshttps://www.facebook.com/groups/rapidca … mp;fref=ts

[ Moderated : No free ads on the forum please ]

thank you, I would appreciate more tips :) THANK YOU!

usually it depends on what type of car you are looking for but you can get a car daily rental Rs 1000

I am just looking for a little and pretty cheap car, with automatic...
The thing is, that I don't want to rent per day, but for months..because I need to get a good price, as I am a student..

we spend around 15.000/month for an automatic. i agree that a daily rent would be quite expensive! you have to look for "long term", the daily rentals are mostly for tourists that need a car for 1 up to 7 days...

[moderated: no free ads please]

Hi,

What is your budget for the car?

I may have a small Suzuki Alto which might interest you.

Hans

Hi Hans,

because I am a student I am not having a great budget for the car, I also have to pay the fuel.
How much would your car be?

Natascha

Daewoo matis year 2000
100 000rs

PM me if interested

Around Rs 13.000. does it suit you? i can have cheaper ones but the cars are older.

wow, in a month? It's kind of a lot..how much would the olders be?

Just let me know how much are you ready tp spend on it. will work sumfin out for you. email me on [email protected]

hi dear

i can try to help you on that.

regards
rishi

yes i know someone who can get you a car for less than 15 k for long term only . if you are still interested please let me know will try to arrange a meeting . thks

Hi, I have just moved to Mauritius last week with my family.We need a car to rent for long term, can u tell us where we can rent for less than 15k a month

Hi,
To rent a car from a reputable Company costs around Rs15,000 for a Nissan March, this will include Servicing, Road Tax, Road Worthy etc etc You may be able to get it cheaper, but it won't be much cheaper maybe Rs14,000.

There are some people who will rent out their own personal cars to you cheaper, but you have to make sure that you are covered to drive it under their Insurance , otherwise if you have an accident then you are not covered. Make sure if you do rent from a private person that you get in writing what is covered.

Cars here are very expensive, as they have to be imported,  so that's why the rentals are maybe higher than what you are used too.

I pay Rs15,000 per month for a Nissan March and everything is covered and I am very happy with the Company I use.
Good Luck :)

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your kind information Rosiewestie..:)

Seeri, I would suggest you to have a look at the section Car rental in Mauritius. I hope it might help..:)

Thank you
Yuveshen

Thank u so much, I found a car for 13000 rupees a month

Hi seeri,

It gladdens me that you have found the car with kailash, should you find any inconvenience with the car or on the road, so do please contact him... he is very liberal, social, eager to help in any difficult moment. Cheers Up! see you later

Thank you so much for your help

hi,wondering if you still do rentals?will be in maurice for 2 months

good to know

Hey all

@ lebrasse007 : You will find some contacts renting cars here : Car rental in Mauritius

Kenjee
Expat.com Team