HOUSING / LIVING AS A COUPLE - is that prohibited?

HELLO,
IS THERE A LAW IN THIS COUNTRY THAT PROHIBITS A SINGLE MAN LIVING TOGETHER WITH A SINGLE WOMEN IN A HOUSE OR TO HAVE A SINGLE WOMAN VISIT FOR 2-3  DAYS ON A WEEKEND?  ..IS THERE A CIVIL / PENAL PENALTY?......

IS IT ANY DIFFERENT IF THE COUPLE IS (AMERICAN / TUNISIAN) .... OR ... (BI-NATIONAL / EUROPEAN) .... OR  (AMERICAN / EUROPEAN) ????

WOW ......

There is a law forbidding unmarried couples from living together I think.  But I know many couples who do live together and nobody is interested in them, nobody bothers them.  Some of them choose to say they are married and the woman wears a wedding ring, just to save them problems with the authorities.  But if you need to get a carte de sejour for the partner who is not working you will need to provide proof of your relationship.

cck79 wrote:

There is a law forbidding unmarried couples from living together I think.  But I know many couples who do live together and nobody is interested in them, nobody bothers them.  Some of them choose to say they are married and the woman wears a wedding ring, just to save them problems with the authorities.  But if you need to get a carte de sejour for the partner who is not working you will need to provide proof of your relationship.

If you are both foreigners then it is not a problem, but if one is Tunisian then that is a problem!  Relations outside of marriage are illegal here and if you live here then you should be prepared to live with the laws of the country.

WOW....TE LAW MUST BE CHANGED

Why should the law be changed.  Tunisia is an Islamic country and all should respect that.