Is 3000 USD good salary for software developer(5+ exp java developer)

Hi, I am new here,

I would be joining as software developer (Java server side application developer) near place Kebayoran Lama, south jakartha  in mobile application domain.

First I would like to go with shared accomodation 2/3 BHK apartment/house/kos in decent area around Kebayoran Lama, south jakartha (within 5-10 kms radius) . If sharing not avialable then 1bhk apartment.

Food I will be preparing 3 days per week and rest 4 days having outside (assume 2 times locan and 2 times resturants )

if i am staying within 10km radius of Kebayoran Lama, south jakartha what would be tranportaion charges for 20km round trip. (consider both public tranport and taxis).

I would like to chill out 2-3 times per month may be by going small trips to explore places or by boozing here and there .

Considering the above facts I have two questions to ask.

1--> I am having 5 years of experience as java developer and first question is how much salary is good for my profile and my experience.  ?

2--> How much will be the living expenditure will come per month  with above life style.

cheers,
asifjc05

I dont know the answers, you should know how much your future employer is paying vs the market salary. You above lifestyle is again for me too complicated to answer because you want exact amounts and that is not how it works. If you tell us you are on 20 million a month then we can realistically give some advice but we dont know your salary. If you are off boozing now and then you can spend all your money in a night and I know some places and people that will encourage you to do that.

You should look through the forum for advice similar to that of which you are asking and also ask your new employer for more details about costs etc.

But thats just my opinion

Thanks lukereg for the reply.

To be specific let me put the question in other way.

I would like to manage my monthly expenditure max upto 1000 USD. 

How can i achieve this if I would like to stay surrounding areas of Kebayoran Lama (5 km radius).

Can you give me your tips/suggestions.

10 million before rent. I don't know. If your employer is not paying for housing then its very hard to say. Prices are high for accomdation on that part of the city so perhaps a boarding house may suit you better.
Perhaps you need to come over a week before your contract starts to sort all that out.l and have your employer help you further.

In the topic you say USD 3.000, if from that amount you have to cover all your expenses (housing, transportation etc) still you should be doing fine but it depends on your life style of course.

Follow Luke's advise and check out this forum, you will find a lot of answers to your various questions

I am in IT industry, depending on how good you are. we start our programmer at 5mio (we choose only ITB graduate or Binus), our GM is currently at 90 mio.

Software company prefer local coder, as when things go haywire, we'll still be able to contact the guy and outsource him/her the maintenance