Accommodation, friendship, coffee or singha-tiger...meals and what not

Hello everyone. I've very recently arrived in BKK and now keen on finding a cheaper,safe,centrally located one room or studio type apartment. I am planning to stay for a while and would really appreciate your help with this.
Also, it would be great to make new friends. Invite me to where you go or what you do and I'll do the fitting in.

Hi jas el-i, welcome to Expat.com!
You should check out (or post in) the Accomodation section of Bangkok's Classifieds.
Cheers
Arlette

Thanks Arlette~
I did check already but still hoping somebody has their place for rent or would like to share as the ones on the ad are too pricey for me.
Cheers:))

The following web site is good starting point if you want to find a cheap room.

mrroomfinder.com

I not sure what you mean by centrally located but if you find room close to skytrain or subway you can moved quickly to different parts of city.

I currently live close to On Nut BTS station and 40 square meter studio runs 10k baht a month.  Have many in this area at different price levels.  Not much night life in area but buses, skytrain and taxi makes transport to such area's easy.  Do have two super marts within walking distance.

If any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks Straydog! Will look into that website. Yes a place near the skytrain is ideal.
Have a nice day.
Jasmin

What is your budget?
I looked around myself recently (and settled for a big house in the suburbs for THB23k, shared with two colleagues) and found that there are single rooms available from THB4k, but those are really spartanic. For THB6-8k you have a simple cooking facility and fridge, THB 10k and above gives you some comfort, and around THB12-18k you can have quite a nice one bedroom apartment with living room, bath, (small) kitchen and maybe even a pool/fitness room in the complex. It depends on what you want, and where.
Since most resonably priced options are not advertised on English webpages (and mostly not on the Internet at all), it is best to trawl the Sois in an area you like. Many places are signposted in Thai, and the landlord is also likely to speak Thai only, so take along a local friend!

Good luck,
    Frank

Thanks Frank.
As much as possible, a place that's near the skytrain no matter which stn. Not so big on the frills so a place that's not more expensive than 5kTHB should be ok as long as there's basic furniture and hot water.A shared place is ok too.

Jasmin

I saw a place near Ladprao (Pahonyothin MRT) for THB6000. It was like a run-down hotel room with attached bath, no cooking facilities, Internet THB1000 extra. Apparently such places are common and outside of the BTS/MRT area cost THB4000 or less.
But I would not want to live like that!

I am now sharing a big house with nice garden in Rangsit with two colleagues, but commuting to central Bangkok is impossible from here, even though I have a car.

Good luck in your search!

Hi Jas,
  To find one near BTS/MRT is difficult for the price.
  If you could find one, the place could be a bit run down.
  But no harm trying. I tried this web, as is really helps me to find one.
Below is the link for places near BTS/MRT
en.9apartment.com/search/apartments_nearby_bts_mrt.aspx

Or this  mrroomfinder.com

I find this site offer more choice and affordable range.
   And easy as the site allow to search by area.

And the site is both in  Thai and English language