Married to a german and applying for german shengen visa

Hello. I'm new here so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

I'm married to a german national (we got married in the philippines, december last year). I live in the philippines and he frequently visits. We've had this arrangement for almost 6 years (5 years as girlfriend/boyfriend). The plan is for him to settle here eventually. But since he's an only child and his mom is really old, he can't permanently settle in the philippines yet so he could care for his mom. Plus, he hasn't found a job here yet. This is quite challenging since he's already quite old.

He's not really financially stable in germany either. Due to his frequent visits here in the philippines, he can't really go and find a regular job. But he survives.

Now, the problem is I promised to visit his mother this christmas to celebrate our first anniversary as a married couple. Although I've had shengen visas before (i've been to germany 3 times and went to finland once), this would be the first time I would be applying for a visa as a tourist visiting a family member. All my previous visas were granted under the invitation of a festival (I'm a filmmaker who competes in festivals abroad).

Because of the new situation, me being married to him and applying now as a tourist, my husband is quite worried that I won't be granted a visa for the following reasons: 1) the embassy will check his financial capacity to support me there during my stay, 2) since I am already married to him (with no child), I'm considered a candidate for overstaying illegally. Is this true? How else can I prove that I won't be overstaying aside from the documentary requirements listed already?

I work as a director in a major television network here in the philippines. But, since this is the third world, I don't get paid as much (but enough at least for me). I have no plans of overstaying. We both love the philippines and the plan is for both of us to settle here eventually because most of our friends are here. My family is here. I have no plans to give up a job I love to do some babysitting job or whatever just so I can stay in germany. No way. But we're both not rich or moneyed enough so this worries my husband.

I believe that once my application for visa gets rejected, the record would be permanent. So I really need all the help/tips I can get to lessen the risk of getting rejected. Can anyone help?

How old is quite old?  Will he receive a pension in Germany?  If so, how much and starting when?
What job is he qualified to do in Germany?  In the Philippines?

He's 51. I don't understand why you're asking for his age and job qualifications though. Are you planning to hire him?

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

anna120713 wrote:

He's 51. I don't understand why you're asking for his age and job qualifications though. Are you planning to hire him?

Did not realize 51 is quite old, my error.

Thank you, Mike.

Re work, he's an undergraduate (never finished his university studies since he grew up during the punk era). He does mostly freelance work as a film critic/writer/programmer. He refuses to do work that does not interest him but we are looking into him teaching eventually here in UP. That (his finding work and settling here) is not really a problem for us now. Our main concern is really the visa for my visit this december.

Good to know that i have better chances in getting a visitor's visa. My husband and I have decided to just make his mother as the inviting party so there won't be any questions re financial capacity.

Thanks so much!

I meant old in terms of finding a regular job here in the philippines. Apologies if i offended anyone. I definitely dont think he's too old since i married him. :)

Doesn't being the wife of a citizen get you in on its own?

Here are the EU web site documents:

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/tr … dex_en.htm

My husband says it can be quite complicated and might not be enough. But, wow. Thank you for that site. We both don't really know much and just basically researching on the internet. I do plan to call the embassy soon. But thanks for this! At least I'd have something to refer to if they tell me otherwise.

just make a try and think possitive who knows it will be granted..no harm in trying.. Goodluck!

double registration of my birthcertificate

hi everyone!

anybody of you who can help me..

I applied in the belgium embassy last april 2014.. unfortunately it was denied.. my partner decided that i will apply again,,now the time when I requested for a copy of my NSO birthcertificate I got a copy with a different family name when I tried to asked the NSO about it they told me that I had a double registration.. now my problem is I have to start from the beginning again get another passport,when I was in the DFA they asked me to file a cancellation of my birthcertificate,,now when I already got a lawyer he told me that in law it should be the first registration that will prevail..what i have been using is the second registration including the name I registered in the embassy the first time I applied..my concern is I am planning to apply another application using family reunification ,, how will i explain my situation in the embassy? do I still have a chance to get my visa? it is so stressful for me and for my husband that it is like this.. please anyone can help me..