Changing money in dalat

Hi,
I would like to know if it is possible to change foreign currency to dong in dalat. US $. Can you please provide me with location of money changer, I know in Saigon, gold smith shops do change money.
Reggie

In towns as large as NHA TRANG the jewellery stores are still the place to go.

Remember, they like new, unfolded notes. Use an smoothing/clothes iron if need be.

If you are really desperate, go to any 5-star hotel.

The last resort is VietComBank - the government's bank with less than optimum exchange rates.

Hi,
I am not asking about other towns, I am only interested in dalat, is it possible to change foreign currency at the local gold shops or other trading establishments.
Thanks

Cobragold wrote:

Hi,
I am not asking about other towns, I am only interested in dalat, ...

As I tried to say, even in towns like Nha Trang (which is way bigger than Da Lat) jewellery stores are the first choice, etc.

Yes, the options are in that order for Da Lat, too.

Thank you for explaining that to me.

Hi.

The best rate to for exchanging money is at the jewelry/gold store. either wise,  you could just go to any banks to exchanged. the rate at the jewelry/gold store is a little bit higher than the bank rate. For example, at the bank it may be 21000 rate per dollar compared to 21200 at the gold store.

you can changer at the jewellery stores around hoa binh center

Been in dalat since Friday, I will find a goldsmith shop to change if required. Wonderful weather the pass week. Much better then from where I came. The people here are very friendly and will go out of their way to try help you if they can.