Family Housing Options

Looking for housing options in Jubail City. My housing allowance is only 26K, is it possible to find anything for this amount. We would like three bdrms. However, will settle for two rooms in a family friendly area.

Is is safe for Americans to live outside of compounds? Sorry - I'm a newbie. I appreciate any advice.

Hi Imagine,
I just saw an ad in Jubail's Classifieds -> accomodation section for a 3-br house in a compound. The budget is 28.000 Sr but I think you'd be able to negotiate a little discount!
In my opinion it's not really the safety side but rather that compounds in Saudi have many facilities such as swimming pool, sports grounds, fitness room and usually a small supermarket! and that you are free to move about freely and can make easily acquaintances in compounds!
Believe me I really appreciated living in compounds during our 8 year stay in KSA! :)
Cheers
Arlette

My rent allowance in Jubail is 60,000. We are a family of 5 (2+3). can we get a decent western compound with at least 4 bedrooms?

Hi people,

I'm also being curious about housing prices in compounds in Jubail. We are possible moving to KSA, but want to know if the offer is good. We are offered €12.000,- per year. I don't understand the money you talked about (28.000 Sr or 26K).