Moving to vanuatu

Hi im retired now and would like to move to a tropical island to further retire.

can any one tell me how you go about moving to Vanuatu. on a permanent bases

i look forward to hearing from any one and thank you for any advice you can give me thank you

judydude

There are 3 ways that I know of to move to Vanuatu.

1.  Buy or start a business.  This gives you the right to apply for residency supported by a VIPA (Vanuatu Investment Promotion Authority) approval and work within the business.
2.  Buy a house or other property.  This gives you the right to apply for residency only and may also require evidence of income to support yourself.
3.  Self funded retiree.  You must provide evidence of income to support your application for residency (unsure what the minimum is).

To become a citizen, you must be a resident for a minimum of 10 years before submitting an application.  Vanuatu has just approved dual citizenship.

Most of the real estate sites have lots of information about moving to Vanuatu.  Just Google "real estate vanuatu" and take your pick.

Thanks you for your reply  BellaM and for the info i  looked up VIPA. was very impressed

im just tired of Melbourne winters.

If i get there ill let you know how i went.

Till then many thanks for your time in writing to me

All the best judydude