Dammam-Bahrain...Is it possible for govnt employees?

Hi to everyone..Does anybody know if u r a government employee can u travel to Bahrain with Iqama only?Coz my passport is not with me.. Or may be there is any other way to get passport for some time for trip?

I believe Saudis are the only ones who can travel on their ID only.

If your employer is holding your passport, then they should allow you to take it for a weekend to go on a trip, but I am not sure what their policy is.

Do you have a multiple entry exit visa? You will need one of those also...

Bahrain will not allow non Saudis to enter without a valid passport and a Resident Visa (Iqama) in KSA (unless you have a valid visa for Bahran)

thanx for reply..but if i have valid passport and iqama,but dnt have multiple entry visa then?is it possible to visit bahrain?

No...

then is it possible to apply for multiple entry visa here in saudi?

I think you have a serious misunderstanding of how things work...to save you the time of doing a search I will give you a brief synopsis...

You are here on an employment visa and you have a residence permit (iqama)

It does not matter whether you work as a government employee or private business, the circumstances are the same.

To travel outside of Saudi Arabia, you need an exit visa. To re enter Saudi Arabia after you have left you need an entrance visa. You can apply for a multiple use entry exit visa (good for unlimited entries and exits for 6 months) or a single use entry and exit, good for only one entry or exit.

Talk to your employer about applying for the entry and exit visa. You can go nowhere outside of the Kingdom without it. I repeat, you can travel nowhere without an entry exit visa, no matter who you work for, whether you have an Iqama or not...

It sounds like you need to talk to your employer and have whoever is the government relations person talk to you about how to travel. You may be sorely surprised to find out after you arrive at the airport that things were not what you thought they would be...

thanx wtengel...thanx for explanation