Debrecen good place to live?

fluffy2560 wrote:

Apart from the argument above

I personally don't argue with anyone at forums. Waste of time. But I do not mind partaking in a spirited discussion. :)

As being the OP i guess i will update this.

I found Debrecen more expensive than Budapest and other cities in Hungary which  is typical even in US collage cities. Also many flats would not rent to anyone over 25, i was 35 at the time and my father his late 50s. I doubt it is legal to NOT rent to someone over a certain age but whatever. If after about 20 different real estate agents refusing to even show us a flat based on these things we did not bother with trying there anymore. And on top of that as i said it was more expensive than Budapest.

As far as looking at houses to purchase in Debrecen that was an extremely negative experience which i will not go into details here.

IF i was to purchase a house in Hungary it would be a different city, area than Debrecen.

It maybe a great spot for others, i just speak on how it was when we went. And once again this was 2015, if there is an economic boom going on since then or investments since then ok maybe cool.

FeliciaOni wrote:

As being the OP i guess i will update this.

I found Debrecen more expensive than Budapest and other cities in Hungary which  is typical even in US collage cities. Also many flats would not rent to anyone over 25, i was 35 at the time and my father his late 50s. I doubt it is legal to NOT rent to someone over a certain age but whatever. If after about 20 different real estate agents refusing to even show us a flat based on these things we did not bother with trying there anymore. And on top of that as i said it was more expensive than Budapest.

As far as looking at houses to purchase in Debrecen that was an extremely negative experience which i will not go into details here.

IF i was to purchase a house in Hungary it would be a different city, area than Debrecen.

It maybe a great spot for others, i just speak on how it was when we went. And once again this was 2015, if there is an economic boom going on since then or investments since then ok maybe cool.

I remember myself and others saying to you Felicia that it wasn't likely to be a great experience living in Hungary.

How has it worked out now it's 3 years later or so?

Were we right or wrong?

Oh like i said i moved to Budapest in 2015. I am still here, and i will be several more years. Hungary serves a purpose.

FeliciaOni wrote:

Oh like i said i moved to Budapest in 2015. I am still here, and i will be several more years. Hungary serves a purpose.

Oh go on, say more than that!

Is it bad/worse/good/fair? What?