Russian girl looking for a job in Dominicana.

Hola amigos!
I'm from Russia and I came to this beautiful island because of my Dominican boyfriend.
I have a degree in Information Technology (IT)
I have experience as a bank accountant and secretary.
I speak both English and Russian.
Spanish, almost nothing.
I would like to find a job in Santo Domingo, where I can apply my knowledge of English or Russian.

Thank you!!

Hi RussianGirl_inDominicana,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you to post your ad in the Jobs in Santo Domingo section.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Welcome to the forum.

Just know that moving here for a boyfriend is almost doomed for failure.  How did you meet him?  If he is a hotel worker and you met on vacation the success rate is basically ZERO).How many times have you been here?  Have you only visited as a tourist?

Do know jobs are very hard to find and you will need your residency and cedula (National ID card) before you can work legally.  Salaries are very low with an average of $400 US a month for "skilled"  jobs.

Bob K

Hi.
I understand what you said. We have 2 years together. We were in Russia, but now he will work in Dominicana. But thank you for the information. I already knew this detail about the cedula.

Hola Amiga!

I am in a similar situation. I'm wondering if you had any luck? If so could you give me some advise.

Thanks =)

Hi gah3365 > this thread is inactive since 2014. I invite you to create a new discussion on the Sando Dominicana forum. Thank you.