What is the chances of approval for EP to get PR?

Hi,

im an EP holder earning $3.5k and i only worked for 6 months in an MNC company. i have an intention to apply for PR, mainly that my son is studying in N2 now with his student pass and his fees is considering as an international fees. (that is quite expensive comparably).

hence, i have thought that by applying the PR, it can help fees reduction. If i were to apply now, what are the chances of getting approved? Elsewise, what are the rationale of it?

P/s: im a malaysian chinese lady. Husband working overseas and sibling are PR and citizen.

Thanks.

Although you are the preferred race and nationality (Malaysian Chinese), your family situation (other members not in Singapore) counts against your long-term intention of living in Singapore (PR means Permanent Resident, after all!).
In addition, after just 6 months, you have virtually no chance to become PR anyway. Wait a few years (minimum three) and try then!

Thanks Beppi.

Despite my siblings are here in SG as PR and Sporean..my chances are slim? is that what you meant?

As long as you are not a dependent of your siblings (e.g. though disability and inability to earn your own living), they cannot sponsor your visa or PR.
You need to apply on your own merits, and this usually means three years living in Singapore and showing clear intentions to grow long-term roots. (Exceptions for shorter stay in Singapore are only made if it is in Singapore's strategic or economic interest to keep you here - e.g. if you are well-known artist, sportsman, scientist or CEO of a big MNC).