IMPORTANT NEW CHANGES FOR THOSE APPLYING FOR PERMANENT VISAS

Newbrasil - I think rather to be safe than sorry I will get it apostilled while it is in the UK. I can arrange it here and get a family member to post it on fedex.

thank you

Nikola Grace :

Abthree thank you! It's nice to hear something is easy!

I have a further question I am going to request my criminal record check tomorrow (in  England then get it sent to me) when it is done do I need to get it apostillised? Or do I need to do something with it here? I know an apostille removes the need for double verification but I just want to check if I need to do it and not just get it translated and notarised at the cartorio here.

Thank you again

Yes, after Apostille it has to be Translated and Notarised in Brazil.

For a document to be accepted in Brazil it has to be sent to the consulate in you home country to be notarized to be legal in Brazil. The other way  is to have it  apostle. This is what my experience has been here in Brazil. You have only 90 day for the criminal record to be current.

But these days Consulate General Brazil is not Stamping on documents, Brazil Consulate in India stopped doing so.

As far as I am aware the Representations of Brazil in India have stopped attesting the documentations due to the fact that from 14 August, 2016, Brazil has become part of the Hague Apostille Convention.

Hence any documents issued in India, will need an apostille label issued by the Ministry of External Affairs of India.

Brazil Consulate in India Instructions for Legalization of documents

Attaching the consular link which states the exact details above

Hope this helps

stanza51 :

As far as I am aware the Representations of Brazil in India have stopped attesting the documentations due to the fact that from 14 August, 2016, Brazil has become part of the Hague Apostille Convention.

Hence any documents issued in India, will need an apostille label issued by the Ministry of External Affairs of India.

Brazil Consulate in India Instructions for Legalization of documents

Attaching the consular link which states the exact details above

Hope this helps

Yes what Stanza51 has said is the right way.

Hi All, are there any other documents that need to be apostilled apart from your criminal record check?

I would just rather them all get sent at once.

Thank you,
Nikola

Hey guys,
Just a few questions I'm hoping someone could shed some light on. I got married in Brazil january 2018 but due to my criminal background check being out of date by a week I couldn't apply for my visa. I have paid the visa fees, does this expire or can I use it again when I'm back in March this year to apply for a visa again? Also I have to pay R$9,100 for overstaying but when I left the airport they did not have any of the documents left to give me when I re-enter. Do I pay when I arrive back in Rio at the airport? How do I pay this? Also do i have to wait a certain lenth of time before i can return again? They never mentioned this when i was leaving any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi

Just wanna find out if anyone has done a Power of Attorney (POA) to collect the CRNM on their behalf? Was there any problem in collecting? I assume the grantee has to produce the original Protocolo plus POA in front of the PF?

If so, could someone kindly advise the requirements on the POA? I am trying to get the embassy in my country to do it and they asked me to check with Sao Paulo PF on their requirements...does anyone have a template that they have used and could share?

Thanks!

My mother in Law collected my RG with just a slip of paper......

Hi Stevefunk,

Thanks for your reply!
Was this recent and in Sao Paulo? Did she just turn up with your original protocolo?

Hi, Green Day🌳🌾🌽💧

Wish You All New Year filled with Health, Peace & Safety!

jland912, Mike in São Paulo, Stevefunk should be able to answer your query.

well it was an RG which is the document you get when you become a citizen, but what I'm saying is they don't seem to strict on collections......did you get some kind of a receipt,I'd say that and the protocol should be sufficient but best to call and ask....

Aisling7 - not sure how but
here is law about it - http://www.planalto.gov.br/ccivil_03/_a … L13445.htm - you can read (google translate if you portuguese is not good enough) - perhaps you can find the answer there.

You can also appeal against the fine if this amount is to high for you (but depends on your income etc). if this amount it's not big problem for you then I guess it would be difficult. Good lawyer should help.

Aisling7 - not sure how but
here is law about it - http://www.planalto.gov.br/ccivil_03/_a … L13445.htm - you can read (google translate if you portuguese is not good enough) - perhaps you can find the answer there.

You can also appeal against the fine if this amount is to high for you (but depends on your income etc). if this amount it's not big problem for you then I guess it would be difficult. Good lawyer should help.

and as far as the source says here you pay it on re-entering the country
https://givebirthinbrazil.com/2017/07/0 … in-brazil/

Hey,
Thanks for this! I know I need to pay on re-entering but the problem is all flights arrive in at 8pm so am I risking being sent back again as the banks would be closed by then?

thanks @stevefunk!
I managed to get an email response from the PF and it seems like there wouldn't be any problem if I collect the CRNM later after my protocolo expires (I was worried if I needed to redo the whole process!)...she just mentioned I have to enter as a visitor instead.

does anyone have similar experience whose protocolo expired and still be able to collect their CRNM?

thanks