How to open a company

Hi , i am planning to relocate to Thailand in bangkok or pattya and stay there for about 2 or 3 years, some one suggested me an ED visa , but could not  find any reputable  language schools. Other option was suggested to open a company on some thai persons name ,,, any insight please.

I am a professional photographer and designer and i think i can stay under the radar.
Also if some one can guide me to rent a house so i can do my shooting and stay there, some place where thai people can come easy and safe. Ekamai or thong lo seems good places , but rents are high a bit.
thank you

I would be careful with "staying under the radar", particularly now with the new regime looking to crack down on things like that. 
Long, involved and costly to open a company too. 

Have you considered Cambodia. Much easier to get visas and stay there.

Hi , thank s for pointing it out for me , i have not looked in to cambodia option , as i think the spending power of women is way less then in bangkok, and it may be easier to open a studio but may be defficult to earn a decent living, ans for this reason i opted for thailand , malaysia , singapour.

ED-Visa / Extension is a option, school all over, BUT for now people have to go to school every week, be ready to be test every 90 days at Immigration and pass that test.

When want to renew for second year (and any year after that) The student NEED to pass the test at M.O.E before getting approved.
Then after Approved, the student need to leave Thailand and get a new "Start ED-Visa"

Yes it is a jungle, as many school still is what is call "Visa mills" So one have to be carefuller.
Before signup. Got to school and see how it work, ask teacher, student there, not only the sell person try to sell you one year a school.

I for one think it is fair that people stay here on a Student Visa/Extension have to go to school and learn, and if a person don´t do it, they get kick out.
I even think Thailand are "nice" about it, only 4 hours pr week 180 / 200 hours pr year.
Look at other country how many hours they want the student to study pr week.

Tourist Visa is a option all so. Tourist Visa Multi entry / Double Entry.
Give you 60 day pr Entry, every entry can be extend by 30 days a Immigration for 1.900 baht pr time.

So a Double Entry Tourist Visa grant you a total of:

60 days Entry, 30 days from Immigration, do a boarder run, and get 60 days for second entry, and 30 days from Immigration, so total 180 days.
After that, go and get new Tourist Visa Double Entry.

I write about Double Entry, As many place they don´t sell / give out Tourist Multi Entry.

You have option..

Edit:

Of cause you are NOT allow to work here on Ed-Visa / Extension or Tourist Visa.
You need the correct Visa and work permit for that.

Hi thank you for detailed information , can you recomend any language schools, i dont mind going to class once or twice a week and learn its good to learn thai, tourist visa is other good option, but doing photography and charging for the prints is its concidered illegal?

What ever amount of money earned without a work permit will be considered illegal here in Thailand, penalty could be as harsh as deportation if apprehended. Plus if you are on ED visa, you are not allowed to work in any capacity.

Hi can you contact me with your e mail and guide me better , thank you

@Phoenix1sa

I am not the best to ask about what is against the law here about work.
But it do sound like you be working, and therefor like Skyaslimit say, it is illegal, without the correct Visa/Extension and work permit, not even sure you can get that for that kind of work.

If one work here without the correct Visa/Extension and work permit, One can get up to 5 years in jail, and 100.000 baht in fine, if i remember it correct, Yes i know must people get of "easy".

I friend of mine up North Thailand was one day last year painting he wall around he house (House in he wife name)
And because a neighbor report him to Immigration, they show up and give him a warning, That that kind of work, he need to hire a Thai to do or else !!!

They told him that any work inside the house was okay, but not outside as other Thai can see that and report him.

I can read other say on other forum, that kind of work er "normal" okay.

So what one can do, can´t do here in Thailand, is still "strange" for me. Still trying to find it out my self for the future.

Kindly.

@ OP
I have already replied to your pm.

Yes you cannot work without a permit
getting a permit is the only way to go
you need to submit paperwork to the DBD and then get a Letter of Authority, then go and apply for a non B visa then you will get a 3 months extension of stay
you also need a company name and premises and 4 Thai staff
then pay tax then pay social for staff associated with the company and yourself of course
contact me if you need assistance

Hi, thanks, what is dbd ? and who will give me authority letter and where will i sub mit it. Can you do it and how much will be the fees to process all those papers.

If you come to Pattaya
contact us at thai888
as you need to get the letter before you get the non B

Hi

I am 27 years old Thai woman Can get along well with everybody.
Experiences as Planning Development Thailand and Personal Assistant .
I have been in this field for nearly a decade and are very experienced in the market.
I sincerely hope I can develop a good business relationship with you.
I understand the major differences in Thai and Western culture and can help clients get along smoothly in Thailand.

I understand Thai Businesses & Thai culture as well as the demands and needs of clients. I arrange everything for you from start to finish and save your time and money.

I am extremely trustworthy, honest, and courteous. I have strong desire to work with you and ,
I will provide the utmost in respectful service to an employer that gives me the opportunity.

I will get back to you within 24 hours for the schedule of initial interview. 
Salary will be discussed during interview; Can be negotiation.

Thank you
PiPpa

Hi , can you please explain it a bit in more detai, and gice me your phone number or address of your office , i have any idea , what is thai 888, ty

hi,,

I've seen your posted..,, Are you planning to relocate to live in Thailand?  and Are you looking for a house for rent?
Yes, Ekamai and Thonglor is a very good place for living and business. But the costs will be very extremely high, particularly for your first start.    If you don't mind with the area,, I'd suggest you live the other side of Bangkok.(west of Bangkok)

There are many much cheaper comparing many other highlighted areas in Bangkok.  If you are interested, please feel free to contact me.. (email:[email protected])

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I am not supposed to advertise here so google thai888
thanks

Hi , thanks for the reply, i have never been to that side , is its a good and affluent place and can you recomend any areas, as the rent in thong lor and ekkamai , is around 10 to 20000
hand

how do i get a non B visa?

EstherLee wrote:

how do i get a non B visa?

I suggest you contact the Thai Embassy for information.
Or a Google search.

You need a letter of Authority from the Department of Labor
and supporting docs from the company you will work for
if you dont work for a company you have to set one up
when you have all the paperwork you need to go to the Thailand Embassy or Consulate and submit the paperwork, if all in order they will issue you with a 90 days Non Imm B visa
During this time your company will issue docs to allow you to get a work permit

where do you intend to work and lodge your docs