Irish-Dutch-Canadian guy in town (jeez....12 months already)

Hi there,

Living in Vista, An Phu.....self-employed industry and government advisor. All clients outside of Viet Nam so heavy travel schedule. Committed to living in HCMC/Viet Nam for a very long time.....am vegan, don't drink or smoke but love to hang out, have fun and party.....born in Ireland/Galway, spend 10 years in Holland/Nijmegen en ik spreek nederlands and the last 18+ years in Canada/Toronto.

Cheers.

Don't post your personal details on online forums, too many nutters out there.

Hi,

Welcome to VN!

You can join Carmen. She is a vegan too. She can show you many nice vegan restaurants in hcm http://iheartsaigon.wordpress.com/

By the way, I am interested in the lion of your picture. Is it real?

If you work for the government, you can have Vietnamese nationality!

Hi there....just spotted Carmen's blog, thanks. Yes the Lion is very real......I think it was in Singapore or KL. Not so sure about VN citizenship though :-)

Cheers.

Dejavu.dot wrote:

By the way, I am interested in the lion of your picture. Is it real?

LOL.  Check this out:

http://www.businessinsider.com/men-posi … der-2014-5

wow.....that is just too funny. Had no idea......all my photo's are on my Android phone and this one and business photo's are the only ones on my work MacBook. Needless to say I will immediately change my profile photo now :-)

Cheers.

I wouldn't change it, if it works for you. :)

That's a cool link Dan. I am not attracted with the boy. I watched a man killed by many lions. Just wondered if people had taken all teeth of the lion which ottvanto was besides
@ottvanto: you make me think if I have any pics in "google"

Dejavu.dot wrote:

That's a cool link Dan. I am not attracted with the boy. I watched a man killed by many lions. Just wondered if people had taken all teeth of the lion which ottvanto was besides

You may have a private discussion going on there Dejav.dot.......well after your tip I deleted and replaced the photo....it lasted less than 30 minutes...first time I had seen it and used it since it was taken last year. Hope you and Dan are having fun. Cheers.

Dejavu.dot wrote:

You watched a man killed by many lions?   Did you time-travel to ancient Rome? 

Sorry, the picture just reminded me of that article.  Men posing with large cats is a bit of an Internet meme.

Hello!
I also have 2 friends from Ireland. They are really kind. Surprisingly you got 3 countries, hope you will enjoy life here.
And btw, it was a very nice detail information! :")

Ottvantor wrote:
Dejavu.dot wrote:

You may have a private discussion going on there Dejav.dot.......well after your tip I deleted and replaced the photo....it lasted less than 30 minutes...first time I had seen it and used it since it was taken last year. Hope you and Dan are having fun. Cheers.

Cheers! So it isnt your picture? actually I was curious if it was used Photoshop when I mentioned about it
http://www.udbexport.com/files/thumb/i/s/Brandsites_Germanicus_auto_auto_c723_c406_q_iStock_000011813136Small.jpg

DanFromSF wrote:

You watched a man killed by many lions?   Did you time-travel to ancient Rome?

It happened in Africa. The cars took some tourists to watch lions directly. They were very close to them-about 5m only. One of tourists suddenly went out of the car to take closer pictures (I guess the camera didnt have Zoom function) and the result is that many other people got shocked to see lions eating him without doing anything.

Hi! Can we make friend? I am living in HCMC for 5 years. I also like chatting and hanging out with friends. I have a friend who is an vegetarian and he knows many cool vegetarian restaurants. Feel free to talk with me. Ah my name is Ruby :)

hi there, are you still in Hcm?
i'm about to organize some gathering for vegan expats in Sg, I'm hoping to find more vegan expats in Saigon.. the reason is i'm vegan too, although im vietnamese, my husband is irish/canadian and vegan 95% of time. i realize we need to cheer for vegan movement!!! cheer for people who choose to adopt vegan diet and / or at least support it in any way..
let me know if you're still here and I will send an invite with specific venue and time.
Cheers,
Tyra

Tyravegan wrote:

hi there, are you still in Hcm?
i'm about to organize some gathering for vegan expats in Sg, I'm hoping to find more vegan expats in Saigon.. the reason is i'm vegan too, although im vietnamese, my husband is irish/canadian and vegan 95% of time. i realize we need to cheer for vegan movement!!! cheer for people who choose to adopt vegan diet and / or at least support it in any way..
let me know if you're still here and I will send an invite with specific venue and time.
Cheers,
Tyra

Not sure if you're going to get too many replies, as you replied to a post from 1.5 years ago. Check the date of the posts before replying.

colinoscapee wrote:

Not sure if you're going to get too many replies, as you replied to a post from 1.5 years ago. Check the date of the posts before replying.

he he, thanks for the advice, i was just pulling another arrow :) to get Vegan expat's attention. if you know anyone interested, can you please introduce?

I would make an advertisement for your interest in veganism in the notice board on this site. Maybe ask the admin where is the best place to advertise it.

Ottvantor wrote:

Hi there,

Living in Vista, An Phu.....self-employed industry and government advisor. All clients outside of Viet Nam so heavy travel schedule. Committed to living in HCMC/Viet Nam for a very long time.....am vegan, don't drink or smoke but love to hang out, have fun and party.....born in Ireland/Galway, spend 10 years in Holland/Nijmegen en ik spreek nederlands and the last 18+ years in Canada/Toronto.

Cheers.

WOW! I bet you are a real hoot to 'Party with' "who's round is it for the vegemite"

My powers of observation are slipping I just notice the post was published in 2014!!  :|

Yep, you should always check the timeline.