Looking for suggestions to add to my Ecuador to-do list!

Hey everyone,

I'm a newbie to the forum, blogging, and Ecuador. I'll be living in Quito for a year, and started putting together a "bucket list" of things I should do before I leave. It seems like there are a lot of people on here who can give good advice on places to visit, things to see, food to eat, and more! So please suggest something I should do. It can be serious, strange, funny, whatever!

My Ecuador bucket list: http://chompandcircumstance.wordpress.com/2010/07/28/know-of-any-things-to-do-in-ecuador/

Thanks in advance!
Libby

In today's paper, El Comercio, they had a list of places to visit.  They were all in the Quito general area.  I would imagine you can get there by bus.  There is also the zoo.  My wife took our godson there.  Said it was interesting.  There is also the train at Ibarra to someplace or other.  Haven't done it yet, but want to make the trip. On the way to Tulcan there is a nature hostel.  We tried to find it once in a car, but gave up.  Maybe some of your friends on the web can help.  Tulcan is supposed to have a very interesting cemetery.  It's also a no-go zone as far as the Embassy is concerned.  I've been to Tulcan for work.  Not sure I'd ever make the trip there to see a cemetery.

HTH

Mike

you should go to galapagos for sure...LAN is starting to fly there this fall and has a special intro deal available until next week... you can see more here ecuadorrealestate.org/galapagos-flight-deals/