Do you have to pay a bond or buy a house to move to Andorra?

Hello my family and I are looking to relocated to Andorra and my husband will need a work visa (we are british but moving from spain so my husband speaks Catalan etc..)  first I found this webpage by a British woman living and claiming to have been working for the gov in Andorra (livinginandorra.com) now she says in order to move to Andorra and be eligible for a work visa you need to either invest in property for 400,000 or invest in bonds worth 30,000. Now I then found the official Andorrian gov website and the state the different visa's, their requirements amd according to that page the visa is only 175 euros and you only need medical/police check and your paperwork etc.. so do you need a bond or not? Also I wasnt planning on becoming a resident myself until we have settled and like it there and I have family in Spain still so I will be spliting my time between Andorra and Spain is this ok for a while? Thank you very much!

To become a resident here (Residence Passive) you need to invest (buying chalet or appart. or investing 400.000 € in a Andorran bank + pay a bond of 50.000 € + 10.000 €  each for dependents). + the proof of a revenue of 4 times the minimum salary in Andorra. , Warrant that you have private insurance for illness, disability and old age.
Show that you do not have a criminal record in the country of origin and in the last place of residence.
I do not have informations to get a working permit.
Regards

Hi !

The answer is NO, not necessarily to both questions.

The law in that regard has been reformed in Andorra since two years ago, thank goodness. I am in a similar situation than you. I do have in front of me a couple applications  of 4 or 5 pages called "Sol-licitud de Reserva de Denominacio  Socia"l and another one called "Sol-licitud d'autoritzacio d'inversio Estrangera Directa"  to fill out as a requirement.  I have also a document  called "Constitucion de Sociedades Y Creacion de Empresas en Andorra" that describes in detail what you, me or any foreign person needs to do, in order to work and live in Andorra. If your husband really understands Catala and Spanish i can send a copy of  them to you if you wish so. It is not that difficult anymore, but it is important to know how to do it and to understand why has to be done like that. You are going to need some up front moneyanyway (not by any means the amounts you have mentioned),  to be considered a foreign investor who could create an Andorran business  that is capable to hire an employee (in this case you or your husband or both, depending on the feasibility of the business plan). Therefore, it is THIS new company on your name but with Andorran registration the one in charge of doing the red tape necessary to get you a work permit, and almost automatically the residence in this country.

Of course, there are other ways to get a work permit and residence in Andorra, but those are quite expensive (bonds, property, etc.), and yes, i can assure you that, by personal experience. But if you are rich, they could be another easier alternative for you.

Andorra, in my opinion, is worth the try. It is a great tiny country. And sovereign indeed.
Good luck.
Txabi