Finding Housing in Toutant

Assalaamu'Alaykum Wa Rahmataullaah/Salutations:

I hope this finds everyone well. So, I originally joined the site thinking I was moving to Oman. However, my husband informed me we are not moving to Oman. We are moving to Tetouant, Morocco.

My husband is Saudi born/US citizen, and he's a petrochemical engineer. He's been accepted to work in Morocco in the petro. I know the rigs and oil discoveries are in south of Morocco, but he wants to live in the north of Morocco. We both visited Morocco seperately during the year 2009. I was in Rabat/Sale/Kenitra area, and he was in the Tangier/Tetouan/Asilah area as well as Casablanca and I think he visited Rabat.

While I'm on familar with Rabat/Sale, he has fell in love with Tetouant, and is willing to travel on his off days from the south of Morocco to be and enjoy the north and all the splender.

My question is what about housing? I see apartments for rent, but the availablity seems very small. Is there nice apartments in Tetouant? What's the average rent for apartments? We would like to rent first before buying a villa. Is there hospitals, good private hospitals? How about physicians? What are the schools like? Is there a good American/British schools?

What can I expect? I do know people in Morocco, but they live in Casablanca which is a distance away. We are planning to visit in December before he has to start the job in May/June 2015 insha'Allaah(God willing). I'm excited because my husband finally accept a position, but I'm nervous because I don't know what to expect from Toutant.

Any advice and suggestions are welcome.

feeimanAllaah.

Ameerati

Hello

Where on earth is "Toutant"? I have never heard of it and I've been coming to Morocco for 45 years. If it is so obscure that I can't even find it on a Google search, then you can kiss goodbye to any thought of private hospitals, even public ones! The same for "good American/British schools". Is it a modern resort, perhaps, rather than an actual town?

Please give us an idea of where this place is! You say that you have looked up flats and so on. Where can I find a reference to "Toutant"?

It's in Tangier area. I'm sorry I missed spell it the city. Tetouan. I guess it would help if I spelled it right. Please forgive me. Asif. Asif.

Ma fee mushkila akhti! Malesh.

Tetouan would not be my favoured choice of a city to live in, it's rather conservative and there aren't many facilities there.

This site might help you:--

http://www.blanee.com/guide/T%C3%A9touan