Moving to Ho Chi Minh City

Hi.  We are a small family with a 2 year old toddler currently living in Amman, Jordan.  Early January 2011, we are moving to Ho Chi Minh City and probably residing at district 7.  I am a housewife and hope to get in contact with the Singaporean and Asian moms who lives there.

Hope to hear from you.

Regards,
Rozana.

u can contact my mum if u like :D

Hi there.  Thanks for the reply.  Is your mom in Ho Chi Minh?  How do I get in contact with her?

Hi. Nice to meet you. i am Helen and living in HCMC. Have you had a house to move in?

Hi Helen.  Nice to hear from you.  I am yet to find one.  We are going on our first visit to HCMC this coming November and yes, to find a house and also a good school for my toddler.  Already have quite a no. of property agencies though.  What we need now is to select the good, efficient and reliable one.

Maybe you can recommend me some furniture shops.  I prefer a modern design and not so expensive :))

Hope to hear from you again!

Hi, it's Lyn. I'm not mom, but I'm Asian, we can catch up some where to chit chat when you settle down there. I'm also looking for a room in dist. 7 in around September.

Hi Lyn.  Nice to hear from you.  You are looking for a room?  Where are you from?  and what are you doing in HCMC?  Meet up is a good idea and of course only after we settled next year.  Keep in touch.  Do you have a Facebook account?

Hi, why Dict 7? In Dict 2, U can find nice environment and international schools (ex: Bristish International school, Missouri kindergader) for your child there. It is also near Central District (just cross the Sai Gon bridg), not like District 7 (Cross over District 4) . About furniture design, please don't go to district 7 to shop. There are alot of Korean living there and stores looks luxury. Believe me! Binh Thanh Dict, or Dict 2 are good choices for shopping. Actually, I own a apartment and I want to rent it soon. It is located in Dict 2, next to the kindergarden school. Contact me if you need further help. my email is [email protected]

Hi.  Nice to hear from you again.  I read a few blogs about Saigon and most of them mentioned that dist. 7 has less pollution and very much quieter.  Anyways, we are visiting the city this November and will look at these two districts ourselves.  Our most concern is somewhere near our daughter's school and convenient to everything/everywhere.

Thanks for your offer but we are looking for a house.  Thanks too for the info given about the shopping area : )

You know, I've been living in Amman for 3 years and never like the taxis and the drivers.  I do not drive here so it is like a hell for me to take this one and only transport.  How about the taxis in HCMC?  Are the drivers usually rude?  I'm not encouraged to drive a car in HCMC, so I have no choice but to take taxis.

Have a nice day!

You're welcome, friend. About Taxi, I am sorry that you had a bad experience about a rude driver. But don't worry, not every drivers in VN is like that. "Vinasun" and "Mai Linh" are prestigous brand of transportation company in VN. So if u need to find a house in VN, you can email me [email protected]. I have a lot of friends working for real estate companies that are able to help you.

So, keep in touch

Hi Helen.  Thanks again for the infos.  I will check out the taxis co. you'd mentioned, or do they have a website address?  For the property agencies, at the moment we already have a few in hand.  I think we better stick to those first.  I remember you mentioned earlier about your desire to rent your apt, why is it so?  are you going away?

Yes of course, do keep in touch.  If you have a facebook account, please add me [email protected]

Hi, I just add you on my FB. My nickname is Huong Huong Nguyen, I also want to add u on Yhaoo if it is ok to you. Actually, I wish to move there with my family,It is nice there. However, my younger brother needs to go to school in Tan Binh Dict. So, it is far for him if we move to dict 2. I would move in within 2 years. I also want to rent my apartment, it is totally new. So if you have friend who is looking for an apartment in Dict 2, could you please introduce it for me . ^^

I wanted to know how hard would it be for me to open and give English Class out of my home in Ho Chi Minh City.  I am thinking of moving to Ho Chi Minh in the spring of 2011.  I am from the United States and I do not have teaching degree,  but I am trying to see if it would be possible to live and work there.

Hello Ron!
  How are you? Did you arrive to HCM yet? Im from Russia and living here since apr 2010. Now im working with real estate company and if you need any advice in case of renting app-s feel free to ask me! Btw here is a lot of schools around distr7 and i know some teachers working there.

Best Regards,
Nikita.

Hi Nikita,

Please note that free advertisement is not allowed on the site.

Thank you for your comprehension,
Christine