Still waiting on Medical.

Hey everyone,

I got an offer to work as an English Instructor in Riyadh by EdEx (yea yea... i know they don't have the beat reputation :P ) in early July. They told me that for my Visa to be processed I would have to undergo a medical, which would take place late July to early August. It is now September and I have still not done my medical lol... So, I was wondering if anyone was in the same position or perhaps knows what is going on in terms of these medicals and visas? Im just guessing that perhaps since Hajj season is upon us, the Embassies might be busy with that? Not sure though.... :S

Any information would be great. :D

medicals in the states consist of printing medical report from saudi embassy website and taking it to any physician  -- is there something different for canada?

do you have an actual contract or just an offer you accepted?

Signed contract and they told me to wait for them to inform me when and where I would have to go for my medical. :S

contact them and ask them? otherwise start applying elsewhere - they're in turmoil right now; give them a year to settle in again, as i'm sure they're looking for different companies to recruit for.

Hi,

I was in the exact same position as you. EdEx said I would be having my medical after Ramadan.

After Ramadan they told me end of August.

Now when I called them they said they aren't sending male teachers at the moment, only female. They also told me that that they will need the male teachers towards the end of the year, around December.

I just can't trust EdEx anymore, they will tell you anything over the phone just to keep you happy it seems!

I decided to forget about EdEx and I am in the process of receiving my 'visa and medical' fees.

My advice would be to apply through TLTP and M2R, also check for Saudi jobs on the following sites:

- tefl.com
- eslcafe.com
- seriousteachers.com
- bayt.com
- teachsaudi.com

Rumour has it that EdEx lost their contract with KSU and therefore they no longer have any vacancies for the male applicants!