Furnished Apartment in Panama City needed now.....

Following up from my initial post, I am now in Panama City (PC) and have been exploring for 2 days. As you can imagine, moving to Panama City can be a bit dauntingly, especially, since I haven't learned Spanish yet. The #1 priority for me now is finding a nice, furnished, monthly rental apartment. The first day, I got the wonderful rainfall experience, yet it still didn't keep me from walking the entire ave Balboa walkway (both sides of street). Nice place to jog, bike, walk, etc. However, this in between area didn't feel like the right place for me to find an apartment, particularly since there are absolutely zero walkable, nice and newer amenities.

Coming in, I had thought Casco Viejo, but after exploring the area yesterday, I determined it was too small and lacked too many of the amenities I'm looking for and am used to.

I was told that I should look at areas just south and east of my 4 Points Sheraton Hotel. Do you have any suggestions for the areas south of the Multicentro/Multiplaza, San Francisco, or Coco Del Mar areas? This way, I'm still close enough to jog along ave Balboa. I also need to be close to transportation since I have no car, etc....

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Hunter Bourne

Forget to mention that I really want to find more of the "Cosmopolitan" side of Panama City. This includes nice and upscale restaurants, lounges, etc. obviously, the Hard Rock is one of them. Any other rooftop or "unique restaurants or experiences?  Can't seem to find that many just walking the streets.

Also, any websites which are good resources? Frankly, most of my search show more about Panama City Beach, Florida than Panama City, Panama

Thanks

Hunter Bourne

I would recommend you look in the El Cangrejo district, generally bounded by Via Agrentia, Via Espana and Ave. Federico Boyd. 

Encuentra24 (like Craig's List) will give you some data to consider, but is slow trying to drink from the fire hose:

http://www.encuentra24.com/panama-en/re … rov-panama

Because your Spanish is like mine (good only when I drink), I'd recommend an agent to help you.  Kent Davis at Panama Equity lives in El Cangrejo and might be a good help or willing to refer you to someone else.

www.panamaequity.com

Thank you for the intel. I spoke with Ken and he seems that he is more interested in obtaining higher monthly rents in the $2,000-$3,000/month range. I understand that brokers won't make much money on a short-term rental, but should not be short sighted as I could eventually buy. So, I'm back to square one. I'm in a hotel and need to find a monthly furnished rental in the next few days. The area you suggested (El Cangrejo), as well as the districts of San Francisco, Coco Del Mar, and Punta Pacifica are on my radar. I've also joined and favorited some options on Encuentra24.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions? Any other areas which have hi end amenities but still are close to downtown?

Thanks I advance,

Hi, I have a beautiful new ocean front furnished 2 br apt that has never been lived in, on a high floor in the Rivage Tower on Balboa Ave. for 2,700.00 per month. If you are interested I can send you photos and more information.