Can i Buy a car if i dont have Omani licence or Resident Card?

Hello ,
I have a visa that allows me to stay 2 years here but i wont have a residency card , can i still buy a car legally if i dont have an Omani licence or resident card ? you would think logically if your allowed to stay 2 years they would understand that a car is needed but life is definitly not always logical ! I have an Australian licence and an International drivers permit and have just received this 2 year visa that allows me to stay on my British passport but am not allowed to work etc
Regards Deborah

Yes you buy easly dear if you want to contect me add me in whatsup or call me

farruqsuri wrote:

Yes you buy easly dear if you want to contect me add me in whatsup or call me

Firstly, Kindly make sure the information you share is correct before posting it.

Secondly, why should she contact you?!!! The question was asked on the forum, therefore it must be answered on the forum as well ;)

deborah1964 wrote:

Hello ,
I have a visa that allows me to stay 2 years here but i wont have a residency card , can i still buy a car legally if i dont have an Omani licence or resident card ? you would think logically if your allowed to stay 2 years they would understand that a car is needed but life is definitly not always logical ! I have an Australian licence and an International drivers permit and have just received this 2 year visa that allows me to stay on my British passport but am not allowed to work etc
Regards Deborah

Life in Oman without a Resident Card (ID) is quite difficult. You can't register a car under your name without a valid ID card.

Being a uk citizen. ..u are allowed to drive and u can obtain a omani licence .but still its with discretion of royal oman police.pl contact rop traffic opp airport.

I am a bit confused here ...

Expatriates in Oman must necessarily fall under any one of the following two categories :

(1) Employed

(2) Dependant

In both the cases a valid Resident Card is mandatory (unless the dependent is under 16 years of age).

In fact, any expatriate who enters Oman is expected by law to get themselves registered on completion of 30-day's stay.

So I do not understand how one can get a 2-year visit visa and not get a resident card.

Without a resident card the expatriate cannot do things like open a bank account, transfer funds, or even buy a SIM card. Carrying copies of passport with visa page photocopy everywhere is not exactly a feasible option.

Thanks deborah1964 for your kind clarifications.