Disapointing experience with Air Freight Forwarding company in KL

What started as a great experinece with ABDA air freigh .. they deal with quite a few hotels and have a very proffessional booth at KLIA... ended with disaster.. I moved from Kl to Jakarta 2 years ago and their rates and service was very good. A good solution for about 110 kilos of personal belongings...

Sadly... after 2 weeks.. and I started to call them... they told me that the goods arrived at Jakarta airport but then have not been seen since.

I think that this is not surprising... sadly many airports are prone to theft... and Jakarta would be a worrisome place for shipping goods..  When I originally gave over my belongings at KLIA... the friendly staff told me not to put a high value on the shipping bill... so it would not attract attention... So why at Jakarta they didn't have their people to receive the goods??   

anyway.. after soooo many calls from Indonesia to KL... and no return calls after promising too... and even finally speaking to Mr Siraj a manager... who was heading to the airport to talk to the airline and would call me back tomorrow.... well ... tomorrow never came.. it is now 2 years later.. no help... no call back...no email back..   no belongings..         oh.. when i call i do get lots of sorry sir... we will call you back after checking again..   

very sad to lose all my valuable things... but even worse... very angry no one took responsibility for it... or even calls me back.         

good luck to you if you ever use this company..     

friendly and helpful before you pay... and then... disaster!

Hi Gornfishin,
So sorry to read about your bad experience and about your loss! which leads me to this thought: best always to insure your goods when shipping and to do everything in writing and keep all papers or emails till safe reception of your goods!

thanks FeeAcer..    you are right  to make sure all paper work and appropriate insurance..  Well I did have my paper work..    all i wanted from them was some answers and follow up...     best thing if they could recover my things .. as mostly the value is to me personally..     oh well..   ..

Interesting and a frustrating story. Makes me remember when i was going to spend the summer in South America. well i did but when i arrived at the airport none of my suitcases we ever seen again. i took three fully packed suitcases for my 6 month trip. i packed almost all i had for this occasion, swimming gear, night outfits, casual wear, night ware etc. Now i was in a foriegn country with only the clothes on my back. Little by little i had to buy more clothes. A pair of jeans, socks, under ware, shirts, and bathing suits.JW