Philippine bank accounts.

Hi there,
Just wondering if anybody would know the best way to get your australian dsp pension
payed to me while living in the p.i.
Last time I was there using  a mastercard & atm, the fees were unbelievable. Some one suggested opening a
Filapina back account,  which the reserve bank will deposit the pension into
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Best regards Paul

that depends where your living and what banks are available  there -why dont you enquire from your pension company or bank -what options they can give.

I asked my bank in the U.S. and was told I needed to open an account in the Philippines and give them in the U.S., the account number. Then, I can transfer funds from my account there to my account in the Philippines.It has to be approved and set up with your bank in the Philippines first. None of the companies I do work for, regardless of the country of origin, would do direct deposit straight to my Philippine account. Now, I just know there will be some that will comment on this and tell me I'm wrong that I can do this and do that. BUT, this is what has been told to me from my bank in the states. I'm going with what they tell me.

I been using xoom.com to transfer my money for the last 5 years I never had an issue with them... it takes just a few seconds and cost 5 dollars..

just transfer the money in ur aussie bank to yourself in the Philippines.  its paid in pesos and you can pick it up in many locations here or they will deliver it to your door for no extra charge

I had a bdo bank acct here, and it was nothing but trouble..  much easier to keep ur acct in aus and transfer money to urself here

I would recommend you to open an ATM account with Metrobank. I know from experience that they are well set up for recieving bank transfer from abroad.
With an ATM card you can withdraw for free from any Metrobank machines. It will cost you 10 pesos to withdraw from other bank machines.
How you can arrnge to send the funds from Australia I cannot advice. In Denmark where i come from some banks will let you transfer online(netbank) Then it would only be a matter of getting your pension into such bank in Australia

Knud