Offer from Government Owned Company in Oman

Dear All,
I have an offer from Government owned company (SAOC) in Oman. I have received and accepted an offer letter signed by one of the BOD member of the company. The company is in Travelling and Tourism sector. As per HR department of the company they have alredy applied for the labor clearance in the ministry of manpower. I have read so much on the forum about delay in clearance from MOMP. Can anybody tell how much time would it take for such clearance keeping in view the company profile and high level job?
Regards,
Nadeem

Hi Nadeem, did you get any information on your labour clearance?

nadeem1981 wrote:

Dear All,
I have an offer from Government owned company (SAOC) in Oman. I have received and accepted an offer letter signed by one of the BOD member of the company. The company is in Travelling and Tourism sector. As per HR department of the company they have alredy applied for the labor clearance in the ministry of manpower. I have read so much on the forum about delay in clearance from MOMP. Can anybody tell how much time would it take for such clearance keeping in view the company profile and high level job?
Regards,
Nadeem

Hi nadeem1981,

If as you say, the company which you propose to join is at the top of the heap and yours is a "high level job" then your employment visa should get issued within a maximum of 3 working days, or 72-hours !

Well, have you received yours as yet ?

Hi Sumitran,
Thanks for replying,
Now waiting for Security approval as it is a managerial position. Please update how much it would take now,
BR..

nadeem1981 wrote:

Hi Sumitran,
Thanks for replying,
Now waiting for Security approval as it is a managerial position. Please update how much it would take now,
BR..

Hi nadeem1981,

No idea !

Well, what is this 'Security approval' in any case ?

Dear Sumitran,
I am waiting for my labor clearance since last 3.5 months but there is no information even about when I'll be able to get it. Can you please share if you have any information about the process/time required to get it. I am going to joint a govt organization.

Thanks & Regards,
Tech-Base

Tech-Base wrote:

Dear Sumitran,
I am waiting for my labor clearance since last 3.5 months but there is no information even about when I'll be able to get it. Can you please share if you have any information about the process/time required to get it. I am going to joint a govt organization.

Thanks & Regards,
Tech-Base

Hi Tech-Base,

The process of obtaining labour clearance has been discussed at length in the forum, many times in the past.

You will find many useful threads on the very same topic.

Please look for the appropriate topics of discussions and you will get all the information you need.

Good luck.

Hi,
My name is Prabhu and i am from India..
I got the job offer from Royal Court Affairs-Oman as technician in Ground Support Equipment maintenance of Royal Flight with yearly contract renewal.
I have been offered a salary of 600 OMR and free accommodation , medical facility and  return ticket to India once in a year.
Please advice me is this a good offer? and anybody Please advice  me  about working  experience in this Company and about the job security?
Rgds
Prabhu

nadeem1981 wrote:

Hi Sumitran,
Thanks for replying,
BR..

There are thousands (Or probably a million) of managers around Oman. We have never seen any sort of "Security approval" for these................  I wonder which organization (Secret Agency) you've been appointed for   :/

Hi,
My name is Ranveer Singh and i am a mechanical engineer but i never worked in my core industry and i have an experience of 3 years in international call center industry...i worked in lead generation projects, sales, customer service etc...so is there anyone who can help me whether i can get a job in oman and please guide me how and where i should apply for the job so that i can get the appropriate result...please help me ..

thanx

Hi All! I am Nivek... I know this is may not the appropriate thread for my question but any of you know Diwan of Royal COurt Hospital??..any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

thanx

kingsingh89 wrote:

Hi,
My name is Ranveer Singh and i am a mechanical engineer but i never worked in my core industry and i have an experience of 3 years in international call center industry...i worked in lead generation projects, sales, customer service etc...so is there anyone who can help me whether i can get a job in oman and please guide me how and where i should apply for the job so that i can get the appropriate result...please help me ..

thanx

If you've completed your 4 years engineering degree and never worked in engineering, you've ruined your education life as well as the engineering degree. You must know that the call centers hire the school graduates and not even any degree holder. You should had worked on finding a related job, else than thinking about money.
Anyway, you may find a job in Oman, however probably with a compromising salary (As according to me, you have no work experience.
Please note that call centers in Oman hire only Omanis (or probably 5% expats).