New Expat here, just want to ask a few questions.

Hello people, I am a new expat. I just came to Vietnam not too long ago. I will temporarily be living on a camp site provided by the company somewhere around the Tinh Gia District in Thanh Hoa province. I have some questions regarding internet connections and stores that provide certain services. Okay here goes:

-What are my other options in order to connect to the internet?
-How will I go about it?
-Are there stores that ship at my place when I buy to them online?

That is all, Thank you in advance :)

aljamamarion wrote:

Hello people, I am a new expat. I just came to Vietnam not too long ago. I will temporarily be living on a camp site provided by the company somewhere around the Tinh Gia District in Thanh Hoa province. I have some questions regarding internet connections and stores that provide certain services. Okay here goes:

-How will I go about it?

Hi! Welcome to Vietnam!!!

I found this and it might help you a bit with your questions.

If your company does not provide internet access, one simple way is by using your smartphone. All mobile services providers (ie. Mobifone, Vinaphone and Viettel) have 3G connections in which you can register depending on your needs.

I live in Thanh Hoa City. PM me and I can give you some specifics about TPTH

namron wrote:
aljamamarion wrote:

-How will I go about it?

Hi! Welcome to Vietnam!!!

I found this and it might help you a bit with your questions.

If your company does not provide internet access, one simple way is by using your smartphone. All mobile services providers (ie. Mobifone, Vinaphone and Viettel) have 3G connections in which you can register depending on your needs.

My company does provide a free fast connection. Though whenever there are many people connected, oh its so slow that its actually slower than my connection in Philippines (which is pretty slow for all the SEA countries). So I am looking for alternatives on how to connect to internet without relying too much on the wifi provided by my company.

I guess 1 option is for a 3g broadband which imo is my only way for now. Unless I know what TPTH means.

@goodman: Hello good sir, I PM'ed you earlier. Thank you :)

Hi,
I may be moving to Tinh Gia Vietnam. Can someone advise as to how this place is? Is it a village, small city. Food availability, safety, entertainment, airport, etc.
Any advice on life here will be appreciated.