Medical conditions in Lubumbashi

Hi.
Just want to know about medical conditions. Dose Lubumbashi has a serious problem with malaria or its better and in control. I also plan to relocate for a year and is worried only because of medical grounds. Also how is net service. Like Skype and Facebook. I hope the speed is good if internet pls provide.

Hi kushjd and welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Lubumbashi forum for more visibility and for a better communication with the other members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

[

Hello so I would suggest that you go to the following hospital:
Fondation vie Sante; Centre de Chirurgie et traumatologie
20 Evenque Katembo, Phone: 0814031246; e-mail: [email protected]

This is the only place that you can go to get a level of care and facilities that somewhat resemble that of developed nations.  I went here I brought my child here [for malaria treatments].  I have to say that they don't treat people of color very well but I don't think that will be an issue for you. 

it is very clean and sort of an oasis I have to say.  you may find some of their methods a bit questionable but stand up for yourself.

It is the only place you will ever go for medical care in Lubum...Trust me..  You would walk-into and straight out of the other places in under 30 seconds.

The doctors there [head doctors and founders] are Spaniard I believe.  The locals refer to this hospital as Delgardo.  I guess that is the name of the head doctor/surgeon.    It can be expensive you pay cash for everything.  If you pay in USD, they do not accept and USD older than 2009.