Resident permit for non-EU spouse of UK citizen working in Prague

HI everyone,

Im planning to move to Prague next year. Does anyone know how the visa/resident permit works for a non-EU national (mexican citizen) married to a UK citizen working in Czech Republic?
How long does it takes to get, do you get a work permit too, any specific requirements...?

In general if anyone has some experience in this.

All the best! :)

I can tell you with certainty that you will not get a work permit without securing work in the Czech Republic first as it is your employer that must apply for the work permit. Once you have the work permit, you can apply for a visa based on that.

I'm not sure if being married to an EU citizen will get you any special considerations unless you got UK citizenship when you got married. If you did, then it should make the bureaucracy for you much easier as your EU citizenship should, hopefully, take priority over any non EU citizenship that you hold.

I'm not sure about current visa processing times and requirements as I've held permanent residency for the past few years; however, a visit to the Czech Ministry of Foreign Affairs' visa information section should answer some of your questions and give you e-mail contacts if you wish to ask them what you should do in regards to your precise situation.

http://www.mzv.cz/jnp/en/information_fo … index.html

I hope that helps

I'm an EU (UK) citizen and married to a Czech citizen and I have just gone through the process of Permanent Residence and it took around 10 weeks. I don't think that temporary residence will be an issue for you, as you must register with the foreign police anyway. It sounds as if not being an EU resident and having no "link" to the CR either by partner or work may prove to be a problem. On the work permit issue, you could try to go down the Zivnostensky List (Sole Trader) route, though I'm not certain how this will work with a non EU citizen. Then of course you will have all the health insurance and pension payment issues. Try this web site icpraha.com ... and good luck, I think that you may well need it.

HI,

as an non EU citizen you should register with the Foreign police within 3 days after your arrival to CZ.

If you live with the UK citizen (member of EU) you can apply for a temporary residence permit for a family member of an EU citizen. The process can be longer (1 – 3 months), you will be checked in your home by the Foreign Police.

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory)