Hi all, new to forum

Hi all,

New to forum, some good info here!

I'm still in England(English) where I live with my Greek girlfriend of 5 years, we are both 28.

I've been to Greece many times in the last 5 years, to the islands Santorini, Ios, Folegandros and Corfu, and to Athens and my girlfriend's family's holiday home(couldn't guess at how to spell the place)

I love Greece for holidays and would love to live there permanently,
but as you all know life is probably a bit more difficult in terms of money there than in England. So I'm still at the researching stage and will probably not move over for a few years.

My girlfriend is hoping to move back earlier, live with family in Athens and try and find work, while I will come visit a lot! Not ideal I know but sensible. And after she is in work I will come join her.

I figure even after allowing for flights I will still have more spending money doing it this way. Plus it gives me more chance to slowly get used to the way things work over in Athens without losing my income here.

Anyhow, thats my plan at the moment.
Thanks for all the info posted on the forum, I'll try and contribute, if i think of anything!

Bye For now!:)

Rich

Welcome to Expat.com Boyofford :)
Please do share with us.

Life is far to short pal, pack your case and go for it , there is nothing in the uk except bills and rain.
People are far to afraid in case it doesnt work out, well if it doesnt you return and start again.If you keep saying maybe next year or in a few years you wont do it and will regret it for a long time.
My motto was when i first worked in greece in the early nineties was if you were skint your better being skint in a beautiful country like greece.
You can still survive on very little income if you know what your doing, when to go, where to go, and work hard.
The 4 W'S.......
Dont dream, make it a reality.

AGRREEEE... just do it!!!

I know, part of me just wants to jump in feet first sort of speak!

And a couple of years ago I was fed up with my job and other things here and was willing to just up sticks and move to Athens.

It was, strangely, my girlfriend who held me/us back at that point because she wanted to get some qualifications finished at the time. After being so sure she wanted to go back soon and me being hesitant up till that point I was a bit disappointed with her response!

But things have changed, maybe as I get older I get more cautious, and work is OK at the moment and the money is good.

She is hopefully finishing a pretty important course at the moment, which should help a lot with getting her qualifications recognized in Greece and finding work.

I on the other hand have only a degree and experience in jobs unrelated to my degree! So it will probably be tougher for me to get work.

We're buying a house at the moment too, hopefully use towards our retirement fund as its in a very rent-able area near a university and hospitals. So need to get as much of that paid off as possible in next couple of years so can get buy to let mortgage.

I kinda wish we had just moved over years ago, I would of done it then, when I first finished university and had no career!