Want to socialize

Hi, I'm moving to Baku in October 2014 for work and looking forward to it. I'm Hilary, single, oldish and don't speak anything other than English with a smattering of spanish (can't imagine that will help much!). It would be great to meet up with people after October to socialize if anyone would like that? Hilary

Hi Hilary,

I'm English and oldish too :) and living in Baku with my husband who's a gynae here. We've been here a year and, I must say, I'm really enjoying it though I do go back to the UK every six weeks or so for a week. Do get in touch when you're here! Meanwhile you might be interested in a particular blog post of mine, 'Welcome to Baku' it's called, and it's on fizzoflife.com

I'm looking forward to meeting you and if you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to get in touch!

Kia

Just realised that here they won't allow me to put a link to my blog but you should also be able to find that post on here under the blog section!

Hi Kia, thanks, I will definitely do that once I have moved, got an apartment, internet and a phone! Hilary

Hi Hilary,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Baku forum for more visibility and for a better interaction with the other members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

plan to be in baku in a week or so.. anybody up for dinner/drinks/coffee and interesting conversations? :)

Hi
I am living here from many years and know very good places here
if you like i can show you some interesting places here.
I am alos English teacher
my e.mail is   [email protected]

Hi Hillary,

Hope all is well and you have settled in Baku already. I am not an expat myself, but haven't been in Baku for 8 years and now I am back and feel like an expat, because everything has changed (some to a positive direction, some not). I have studied and worked in Russia and US, and always joined the expat groups there. I can totally understand how hard it might be for a foreigner in a new country, and especially if you don't know the local language. I would be more than to answer any questions u have or offer any help you need. Here is my e-mail address: zama5050[at]kettering.edu. So, feel free to contact me with any questions.

Best regards,
Alex