Al Hussan Education and training

Hi there everyone

Just been offered a job as an ESL teacher at King Saud university with a company called Al Hussan education and training.

Has anyone else been recruited by this company. If so could you be so kind as to give us some info in terms of teacher accommodation.

Hi,

I have been offered a contract but am not sure if they are a legitimate organisation?

Has anyone heard of them?

They definitely are a legitimate organisation. But they are new to the whole game so there's not much info on them.

Have you worked through them?

I have been offered a role for start next week.

They want me to go for a medical

No I'm in the same situation as you

When did they tell u to go for medical?

They have said on Thursday to start next week if possible. But at a cost of £500 or £700 they will email me to confirm.

Is this the case with you? When is your medical?

Hi there,

I was offered a position, very similar to Londonchap's, at KSU through EduGuide/Alhussan Education &Training on Monday, just gone, 18 August. I was emailed the offer after my Skype interview but since then I have heard nothing back even though I've emailed them stating that I would like to accept the offer etc. Can any of you advise whether you've been for your medical yet? And the costs of £500 -£700 mentioned before, surely that's covered by the organisation? Thanks

Hi guys, I'm a female teacher, currently at PNU!
Al Hussan, is a very new agency.
They recently acquired this contract and are a legitimate organization who have taken over the contract from a previous agency.
Currently they recruit only men and only for King Saud University.

You should inquire about your Visa costs, as most agencies will reimburse you at some point, after arrival.

Thanks for that info Mudarisa, really appreciate it. Have you been teaching in Saudi for long? Would you recommend it? Mainly in relation to savings?

You're welcome! :)

I taught here for a year before and just returned after a break for my second year.I would recommend it, especially for saving opportunity. If you keep a check on your finances, you can walk away with a nice sum of cash!

Although my first 6 months, I didn't save much with travelling/sight seeing/shopping etc.
Its very easy to get caught up in the whole 'setting up a new life' thing.

Be smart, come with a target amount and wire your money elsewhere.
Avoid western imports and stick to local goods.

Did any of you get any further with the Al Hussan positions at KSU?

They seem to want people out there asap, but Work/Employment Visas that can be converted to Iqama normally take 2 or 3 months to obtain. If they are a 'legitimate organisation' you should be getting a full Work Visa, not a Business Visa or Short-term (180 day) Work Visa.

In addition, you were about to hand over 500-700GBP to some agent to presumably handle this process for you, so you wont know exactly what you've got until the process is complete. I'd be a little annoyed if I'd handed a sum like that over for a temporary visa that can't be converted to an Iqama.

So I'm wondering, what type of visas you're actually getting/have got? Are you in Saudi now, and if not, what stage of the process are you at?

I'd be interested to know the approach of Al Hussan because they have basically taken over the KSU contract from the somewhat notorious EdEx.

They are offering the employment visa which then leads to the iqama. The agent who handles this process has good connections which is why they can get it done in such a quick time period.

I've got my visa. Waiting to fly out. I know people that are going this week.

Can't say much else beyond that.

Thanks for that.

So you handed this lot over to them?
a) Completed visa application form
b) Employment letter, visa reference letter and     authorization
c) A passport with at least 6 months validity and two adjacent blank pages
d) 4 Passport-size photographs
e) A copy of the contract signed
g) Medical Report (blood tests etc.)
h) Notarised copies of the applicants degrees and certificates

I've never heard of a full Employment Visa being processed that quickly. EdEx, the company that Al Hussan took over from at KSU, were notorious for sending people out on temp visas and then never getting the Iqama for them - not in all cases but in a significant number. This would mean of course working illegally.

Edex did that because they didn't have enough employment visas to go around

Each company has a set allocation of employment visas they can process. Sometimes even a set amount for each nationality.

Al Hussan liaise closely with the visa agent and send them over all those documents. All you need to take is your passport ,1 photo, and a copy of your degree and celta. That's it

That's interesting, what you say about EdEx not being allocated enough visas. According to this discussion on Dave's ESL,
I heard that Al Hissan doesn't have too many visas, so they are renting teachers who under contract by Edex. Until they get more visas, I would assume Al Hissan will continue to rent teachers.
it seems Al Hussan's visa allocation is also inadequate.

I've also noticed on another thread here that poster DublinerPMQ above is being sent by Al Hussan on a temp visa rather than a proper Employment Visa. They are claiming that once there he will be able to convert it to an Iqama. Regardless of the reason he's not getting the proper visa, telling him he'll be able to convert this to an Iqama is a straight lie as far as I'm aware. This is pretty much what EdEx used to do

Visas are hard to come by so company's do struggle. I think there's slot of confusion as a work visit visa does not require a medical in home country and it certainly doesn't cost 500. So I think some posters here have their wires crossed.

All I can say is no one can be issued an iqama until you land in Saudi and my visa and many others processed by al hussan is a employment visa.

I don't think DublinerPMQ has his wires crossed. Some countries won't issue work visas for teaching English to Irish citizens because they don't consider them native speakers. This would be why he can't get a proper Employment Visa.

How do you feel about working for a company that is happy for its employees to work illegally?

How do you know "the visas of many others processed by Al Hussan" are Employment visas? Surely the only way you would know this for certain is if you worked for Al Hussan or the agency processing the visas. I've seen very little confirmation of new Employment Visas being obtained by Al Hussan.

Yes I work for them.

Wow. There's a lot of paranoid people in the world.

I've given you the info. You're an intelligent adult. The decisions yours to make  :)

I take it from your reply then Londonchap that you don't actually know "the visas of many others processed by Al Hussan" are Employment visas.

Given the information that is available, ie. them sending people out to work illegally, I wouldn't touch them. Fortunately, it's not a decision I do have to make.

Yes. You're clearly right

Hi, i've been applying for few months now for jobs in KSA. If anyone has any advise for me please eamail me at [email protected]

I am opening this thread up as i have been asked by Al hussan to have an interview. I don not like the sound of being given the wrong visa, and am shocked that people may have paid for a medical.

Can anybody confirm whether AH have indeed been giving people the correct visas and if they have asked people to pay for the medicals up front.

It was my belief that the visa cost, flights, rental costs and relocation were a perk of the jobs. Am I now to believe that these perks have to be paid out of my pocket to hopefully be reimberssed later? This is very important to me as I do not have the cash to pay for a ticket, rent, deposit etc

Cheers

advice londoner is to stick to applying on posts via eslcafe or seriousteachers

Hi there,
I was wondering if you could help me. I attended an interview in London with al hussan a few weeks ago. The recruiter that sent me there has disappeared of the face of the earth and they were my only contact with al hussan. I felt the interview went really well and would like to contact them. Would you be able to forward me a contact number for them? The job was for an efl position.

Would much appreciate any help on this matter.

:)

Hi there Goughie,  check this website, go to the contact us tab and choose whim you want to contact. Good luck

http://www.alhussan.edu.sa/en/default.aspx

oh my! What have i just read!! so basically, Al hussan is full of *beep*. according to my contract flights etc are paid for - nowhere did it state that I'd have to pay and then get reimbursed. what a joke.

sigh.

You're welcome sonia :)

So, can anyone tell me if the company I've gone through are legit... Saudi British Centre???

It is legit

Thank you for replying.

Hi Everyone,

I got an offer from Al hussan and just finished my certificate attestation and applied for the acro police certificate. Then there is the visa cost which I heard is about £700. Does that include the attestation and criminal check? because that was like £200 so far.

Also does anyone know what Al hussan accommodation is like for females in Riyadh, is it studio, single, shared? Any information will much appreciated.

Hi Malika

I have paid £185 for my attestation and for my ACRO (£45 for a standard service and takes 10 working days or £80 for the fast track which takes 48hours) and then the med check and submit passport. I should be only paying a further £610 (7-9working days) or £900 (48-72 hours). On my handbook it does state if you haven't got your qualifications attested then it cost £700 (4-7 weeks) or £850 (2-3 weeks) and these prices include the verification fee £185.  However, I will get reimbursed when I get there.
I will also be living in an apartment given by my company and don't know nothing about it😬

Accomodation will be self contained apartment as far as I know.

Hi sash,

Thank you for your reply. I just paid for my ACRO certificate a week a go so that should mean I have £610 left for my med.

Good luck

Hi

Yep that sounds right, also did you know that you can apply for the premium service when completing your ACRO? Although, 10 working days isn't bad.

Anyway, good luck to you too

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : accusations and defamatory posts are not allowed

Yaspot, what company are you talking about? Al Hussan? Surely, they wouldn't put us through the damn long process for us to get rejected once we are there.

Oh dear. I really pray that doesn't happen to me.

Oh dear lord, Yaspot, that is so alarming...

Surely, you had your contract in hand before you went over or at least had a copy? Does it not state on your contract that if this happened the company would pay all costs including your return costs? Also, with people leaving everything behind I.e. their family, jobs everything the government know it is a huge risk taken by professionals and I think that's why when we apply for our certificates getting attested they ask for a stamped contract. Which is a bit like showing them that the 'job is secure' and we will be able to support ourselves.

It is pretty horrific what has happened to you Yaspot and I do hope it all gets sorted .

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : accusations and defamatory posts are not allowed

Teacher1970, you should really stop defaming al Husaan! I have been offered a job by them and currently going through the attestation process.

Sometimes things do not go to plan but just let it go and aim for something that will work for you rather than going on public forums to speak ill of others. It says more about your character than it does of al Husaan.

Al Husaan have been great and I'm looking forward to working at KSU.

Sonia