Advise on transferring my visa

Last week I entered the country by bus and got a visitors visa... But I plan to work in the country for the next year or so. I talked to a few of the travel agencies and they told me I need to leave the country and come back in to get my ordinary (I think?) or business visa.

Any advise on how to do this? Or how to transfer without leaving the country?

I'm getting an apartment this week and would like to start working next week so if I could avoid a day on a bus or something that'd be swell.

New topic