Overtaying fees in D.R

Does any ones knows how much i have topay  if I own a dutch passport And already oversayed for more than 10 months in D.R.

The fee no matter where you are from and what passport you have is $2500RD  for a stay between 6 months and a year. 

That is of course unless you have your residency in which case there is no overstay fee.

Bob K

Here is the current list:

VENTANILLA EXTRANJERIA
CODIGO DESCRIPCION TARIFA VIGENTE VIP
032 De 30 dias a 3 meses 800.00 -
033 De 3 meses a 9 meses 1,000.00 -
034 De 9 meses a 1 año 2,500.00 -
035 De 1 año a 1 año y 6 meses 4,000.00 -
036 De 1 año y medio a 2 años 5,000.00 -
037 De 2 años a 2 años y 6 meses 6,500.00 -
038 De 2 años y medio a 3 años 9,000.00 -
039 De 2 años a 5 años 14,000.00 -
040 De 5 años en adelante 17,000.00 -

THE FEES HAVE RECENTLY CHANGED AND HAVE GONE UP CONSIDERABLY PLEASE CONSULT AIRPORT INFO. DESK OR POSSIBLY A TRAVEL AGENT. I HAD TO PAY 4,000 PESOS FOR STAYING OVER 90 DAYS  SOMETIME IN NOVEMBER 2014.

Really? On the official website of the DR (http://www.migracion.gob.do/web/tarifas.php) they still post the same fees. Maybe they didn't update the changes but I can't find anything on the internet regarding a recent change. If the Dominican government starts raising the fees sharply this will be a very bad decision on their part!

Nope those are the new fees.  I think they are wanting to make those that chose to live here to do it legally.
Bob K

Searched a bit more and you are right. The official website publishes contradictory info, but look at this sheetlet as they updated it on November 1st, 2014: http://www.migracion.gob.do/web/tarifas10-14.pdf

Go to page 4, section "Prorroga unica de permanencia (estadia)". Fees are higher and 4,000 RD$ for 3 to 9 months is now the right figure. They quadrupled the fine for 3 to 9 months, so where it was 1,000 RD$ it's now 4,000 RD$. The hike for a full year overstay is less sharp: they doubled it from 2,500 RD$ to 5,000 RD$. Even less sharp for a 5 year overstay: 14,000 RD$ to 20,000 RD$ now. BUT they created more categories so now the fees keep on raising after 5 years, up to 70,000 RD$ if you overstay by 10 years (at this point you should have seeked your residency for a long time though!).

Clearly this hike has 2 aims. First, targeting the annual snowbirds. Those won't probably ask for residency so that's just a way of juicing the fruit a bit more. Then, the measure targets the long-time, chronic overstayers. In that case it might effectively encourage overstayers to become legal residents.

They had enough sense not to raise the fees so high that it will become a deterrent for relatively short overstays. Those who cannot afford to pay a 90 US$ overstay tax should consider not being snowbirds in the first place ;).

Hello clegalbap,

It would be great if you could avoid posting in all caps as it makes it difficult to read your posts.

Thank you

Shaazia
Expat.com Team