English Language Centers in Vietnam

Hello,
I am moving from Thailand to HCMC in March and was curious how difficult it is to get a teaching job without a BA (I still have 1 1/2 years left). I have a TEFL Certificate, though I know the CELTA would be better, two years teaching experience, and am a native speaker from the USA. I read that going to language schools are a good option. Any suggestions? Do you think I will be okay to move there and find work without a degree?

Thanks in advance,
Toni

Welcome!
Yeah, like many others someone will accommodate you surely  :)
During the time in Vietnam, you can finish your graduation (yeah, need it for Work Permit, if you need one) or and join for a CELTA / TESOL  :)

Thank you :) I'm really ooking forward to getting there!

Toni, how much income are you expecting?  The higher paying jobs require both CELTA and a degree. Without those, you're looking at lower paying jobs (maybe $10-$15 per hour) and possibly inconsistent hours.

I would suggest you try to contact Schools of North America in HCMC. They have different schools in different districts; so there is a chance you can get a teaching job there. You can also take courses there to get a TESOL certificate.
I heard the pay is not bad; around $1,500 - $2,000/mo. with degree and $1,000/mo. just to teach ESL w/out a BA; but you must have a TESOL certificate.
Good Luck to you Toni!

@DanFromSF I know that I'll make a considerable amount less, but luckily I'll be coming here  with my boyfriend. I think between the two of us, we'll be ok until I get my BA. Thanks for your insight :)

@zabrinale, thank you for the information! I will definitely go there as soon as I arrive :) Much appreciated.

It will also come to down to where you live in Saigon.

Hi, so did you want to become a kindergarden teacher?
Please contact me 0903661029 Jane
Thanks

Hello Jane. I am Teacher Nelson. I am looking for a job. I have been in this  profession for more that a decade now. I taught two Schools in my country for 9 years.  here is my number 01223613086

Thanks!

Yes, I actually do want to continue to teach kindergarten. I won't be there until April though :(