Efficiency of Asia Commercial Bank (ACB) Employees!!!

Guys!
I already posted many times about the inefficiency of Vietnamese banking staff.
Here is one more feather in that crown  :/
Today I went to the An Duong Vuong ACB branch (1 An Duong Vuong, Q.5) to open a fresh current account which I asked for USD and VND transaction.
When I asked the reception staff she told me that I can only deposit USD if I provide my salary certificate.
When I asked " Can I deposit USD if I provide customs declaration certificate?"
The answer was a big "NO" with too much confident and arrogance (she forgot that she is playing with the "arrogant King"  :) )
So I told her to check it clearly but she said that she is right. What a dumb staff!
Then I transformed to my next personality ( yeah, some time we should show our true color) and instruct her to call and ask her senior because I was sure about this simple rules.
When her senior come, same answer.  :)
I said "Em oi! if you don't know the basic banking rules, better you ask to your branch head or someone in a higher rank". After that she called and confirmed that I can!
Anyway our first staff sweat too much even in air-conditioning.

Documents needed:
1. Passport
2. Visa / TRC / VEC / PRC
Initial Deposit and minimum balance needed for:
1. VND Account   =  VND 100.000
2. USD Account   =  $20

It took 60 minutes (1 hour) to process the application and give :
1. Internet Banking details ; and
2. Visa Debit Card
(HSBC & Vietcom banks were faster than this)
Yeah, she gave me a normal ATM (free but only can use in Vietnam) before ask me, even though she know that am a foreigner  :)
Then I asked for a Visa Debit Card ( should pay 100.000 VND) for more convenient transaction.
She gave me one and instruct me to change the PIN after 10 minutes.
After that she felt bad about her behavior and said "SORRY" which is a very disturbing vocabulary with regard to me, if someone use it regularly after did something Khung with me! ( yeah, I use it very rarely, say once in a year?) (it doesn't mean that I am perfect  ;) )

Anyway I gave her some "FREE" advice about how to deal with customer in the future!
On the way I checked my new ATM card in a kiosk and changed the PIN. When I checked balance, it showed some error which I thought it may be internet problem. Again I try it to verify with PAYPAL but shows some error.
When I sit in my home she called me and said, "Sorry, I gave you a wrong card"  :D
Really po tay, huh?
She asked me to go and collect but I said, am busy, may be later  :)
After that she said their staff will deliver it at my place today.
I am waiting for my new ATM!!!
(girls! don't look at my ATMs- it's empty!)
I am just a VIETNAMESE now, not a "tây ba lô"  :D

HAPPY BANKING IN VIETNAM!!

Hi,

I think you made her nervous or unpleasant, that's why she gave you the wrong card. It is not easy to guide someone something, especially in crowded places. If I were you, I would keep silent.

There are many inefficient bank offices in VN. You will feel crazy if you visit those banks in district 2 (except Vietcombank). It takes over 30m to withdraw money from saving book.

I recommend to create new bank accounts in main offices. For example: Main office of AcB locates on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai street. Viecombank- Võ Văn kiệt street or Bùi thị xuan street while Maritimebank on Pho duc chinh street.

Update:
She just delivered the new card with her senior bank officer very politely.

Dejavu.dot wrote:

Hi,
I think you made her nervous or unpleasant, that's why she gave you the wrong card.(yeah, but she was over confident about banking rules and showed 'big face' to customer).
It is not easy to guide someone something, especially in crowded places. (Do you know that bank branch? I think, no  :)  It's not crowded. Even though it's crowded they should deal with customers and banking business with due care and caution - it's money matter dear, not kids' game).
If I were you, I would keep silent. (WRONG!! People like you make staff lazy, arrogant and inefficient dear!)

There are many inefficient bank offices in VN. You will feel crazy if you visit those banks in district 2 (except Vietcombank). It takes over 30m to withdraw money from saving book. (Vietcom bank is not exempted in my experience! I never felt that but lazy, arrogant and inefficient bank staff tasted already from me  :) )
I recommend to create new bank accounts in main offices. For example: Main office of AcB locates on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai street. Viecombank- Võ Văn kiệt street or Bùi thị xuan street while Maritimebank on Pho duc chinh street.
(I should refuse your recommendation politely dear  :)  If all customer want to go head office or main branch.... just imagine that ? If so why banks opening many branches day by day? It's clear... to satisfy their customers and make more business!! )

I'm sure that next time you come to that bank; that girl will do your requests fast. Sure   :idontagree:

:)  She already changed when she bring ATM card to my home with her superior officer. Very polite!
Actually this is not her mistake. We, customers or society make them like this. We never respond when see injustice. We always forget our duty to society. We think "why should I fight with people?"  or "How others think about me".
There is a saying nearly like this : "If one tomato rot in a group, all will"  :)  I just tried to help that 'tomato'  :)
Revolution never comes from book (The Communist Manifesto) ; but only from practical life  :)
As a customer we MUST know our rights! Whether it is purchase something or ask for some services....

zanchun wrote:

I'm sure that next time you come to that bank; that girl will do your requests fast. Sure   :idontagree:

There are many banks. if you not happy with the service they provide, vote with your feet. For some reason, I feel quite lucky and well cared for at ACB, despite always very crowded, someone always ushered at least until now into a fast track and virtually all seems to be negotiable.
Maybe it just was a failure of a single staff or poor chemistry between you you and the counter staff.
I am there for private and business since over 6 years

l3ully wrote:

There are many banks. if you not happy with the service they provide, vote with your feet.

Yeah, there are many banks with inefficient staff :)

For some reason, I feel quite lucky and well cared for at ACB, despite always very crowded, someone always ushered at least until now into a fast track and virtually all seems to be negotiable.

Yeah, some branches provides better service. But how can we find out that branch and go? Is that possible in this hurry life?  I remember when I visit one time in Nguyen Thi Minh Khai ACB, they take care customer well.

Maybe it just was a failure of a single staff or poor chemistry between you you and the counter staff.

Not only one staff, but more staff don't know basic banking rules  :)  even seniors!
Poor chemistry? I was not there to propose / ask a date with  her but as a CUSTOMER
  :)

I am there for private and business since over 6 years

Did you mean in An Duong Vuong branch (1 An Duong Vuong, Q.5)?

Sounds like better service than at the HSBC/Techcombank - so don't complain.

My favourite is AGRIBANK, they have many innovative banking programs which save my staff a fortune.

Use  a Korean bank, which is very kind and fast, named Shin Han Bank. It has several branches in HCM. I have been happy with it. So far, So good.  Do not care  much about i t.