Video downloader/converter

Is there a download for software on the net that downloads and converts a video file to a specific DVD/CD player. I have a SONY DAV DZ555K player. I've been trying for two days to download the movie "The Great Escape" and get it to play with no luck. I keep getting a "Data error DivX", one of the problems might have been the file is over 2GB which reading online a few blogs the player won't support. I'm using VSO as the downloader, Video to Video to convert and CDburnerXP to burn it on to a disc. I burned it as a AVI file with the CODEC Divx and split the file in two parts the last time and still get the same error msg. I checked the file with GSpot and they reported it was a correct file. The file plays on my PC of course but I also downloaded it to a USB stick and plugged it to another Sony TV that has the capability of playing off of a USB dive and it worked fine. I've been able to download 9 movies this past week, burned them unto a disk and they all worked fine, except for this one. Additional note, each time I burned the file I've used a fresh/new DVD-RW disk, not a reformatted one. Yes I know that's a over kill but I'd really like to get the movie to play. Any ideas? Thanks

Hi budman,

Ofcourse there are programes available over internet those allow you to convert video files. You can start a search with Google " dvd / cd converter " . Currently I'm outside so cannot suggest a good software for you.

P/s : how strange it took 2 days to download a film. Which internet supplier are you using ?

zanchun wrote:

Hi budman,

Ofcourse there are programes available over internet those allow you to convert video files. You can start a search with Google " dvd / cd converter " . Currently I'm outside so cannot suggest a good software for you.

P/s : how strange it took 2 days to download a film. Which internet supplier are you using ?

???? Did you read my whole post ?????

The Great Escape 1963?  :)

Hi,

Have you tried to change the link of the film?

charmavietnam wrote:

The Great Escape 1963?  :)

Yes, any ideas?

Dejavu.dot wrote:

Hi,

Have you tried to change the link of the film?

Yes, I downloaded it from three separate websites and renamed it with the extra stuff at the end being deleted. No big problem downloading it, just getting the file to play on my machine.

Install "Express Files" and download the movie.  :) After that you can write it in any format (DVD/CD/Divx for your player)
http://express-files.com/download

charmavietnam wrote:

Install "Express Files" and download the movie.  :) After that you can write it in any format (DVD/CD/Divx for your player)
http://express-files.com/download

Thanks charma, but I still; get the same error code

Oh I see.
Try these steps:
1. Download and install K_Lite Codec Pack (full)  (Choose custom install and select necessary video and audio file formats or all)

2. Download and install  Format Factory (uncheck unnecessary items such as free browser, homepage...)

3. After download full movies with 'Express Files" :
> Open Format Factory and convert the format you need for burning.
> Download a good burner and install
> Write your video file (DVD/CD/ CD-RW/ DVD-RW) compatible for your Sony player
Hope this may help  :)
I think the problem may be your burner and codecs.

Budman1 wrote:

The last funniest method is downloading camfrog. Watching the hd online movie while recording it.

Budman1 wrote:

???? Did you read my whole post ?????

Sorry for my mistake, maybe I have problem with Reading comprehension :( . I was moving and reading from hand phone carelessly, so obviously I couldn't get  your idea.

I don't have SONY DAV DZ555K  so I have no idea. I would have done the same steps like you if I had a DZ555K.

Then, waiting for a reply from an expert :)

One more suggestion is that : Can you download a lower resolution film ( below 2 Gbs ) and try burning into DVD again.

charmavietnam wrote:

Oh I see.
Try these steps:
1. Download and install K_Lite Codec Pack (full)  (Choose custom install and select necessary video and audio file formats or all)

2. Download and install  Format Factory (uncheck unnecessary items such as free browser, homepage...)

3. After download full movies with 'Express Files" :
> Open Format Factory and convert the format you need for burning.
> Download a good burner and install
> Write your video file (DVD/CD/ CD-RW/ DVD-RW) compatible for your Sony player
Hope this may help  :)
I think the problem may be your burner and codecs.

Budman1 wrote:

I'll give them a try today. Thanks for your response.

Rick

You are welcome Rick  :)

What a headache! 

Just a suggestion:  iTunes has The Great Escape (1963) in HD for rent for 4 USD.  Save your time and sanity and just rent it.

As an aside, your avatar reminds me I used to date a Bud Light girl back in the day.  Those were some good times.

4 sale, one slightly hammered sony dvd player, might be good for spare parts. Thanks everybody anyway for the responses.

Rick

Didn't like the movie?

:mad:

Oh my God  :)
Try some more steps before hammer that .

Budman1 wrote:

4 sale, one slightly hammered sony dvd player, might be good for spare parts. Thanks everybody anyway for the responses.
Rick

Hey Budman,
I long ago gave up trying to burn downloaded movies to DVD. Even had a techie friend of mine try to do it for me, and he couldn't.  The fact that you've been able to do a few and have them work is great. I've never had any luck at all.  So now, I've got my laptop connected to my TV with a 10 meter HDMI cable, so I can keep it on my desk on the opposite side of the room from the TV. Just ran the cable along the wall and taped it to the floor to keep it out of the way. It works great, and I can download and watch anything I want, straight from the computer - no burning DVDs. I use GOM Player and VLC Media player. Both work pretty well, and the GOM has added features for making the video fit and fill the screen, if you don't want the black bars on the screen. Most DVDs and DVD players can't do that.  I also use my rig for watching my Slingbox, which for now, (knock on wood) is working quite well, until the AAG undersea cable gets broken again.

i am using Tubemate by DevianStudio.net

I checked Amazon and they are selling a DVD with Battle Of Britain / A Bridge Too Far / The Great Escape for $11.96