Riyadh - Bahrain Motorcycle Ride

Hi all, I've been in Riyadh for a year or so now but still getting to know the place. I got myself a Triumph Street Triple R 675 motorcycle almost half a year ago to help meet new people as nothing else I did seemed to help. Now I'm planning a motorcycle ride to Bahrain. I'm looking to know of all documentation I might need at the border, do I need a Carnet De passage? If yes, could someone please tell me where I could get one as information on this seems to be scarce. Also of anyother points of documentation, route, etc. Thanks in advance!

Also other members who'd like to do this trip are also very much invited, I do not have a set timeframe yet on when I'd head out, I'm tired of clocking miles in and around Riyadh and hence the trip.

I am keen on a Bharain trip don't have a ride though :> Had to leave my Bullet back in India...

I was wondering about this guys , I did spend sometime in India as I had a job offer over there , I had this Bajaj Avenger bike , and I kinda loved it !

Suddenly seeing this post reminded me about bikes , but I love the Bajaj Avenger , even KTM Duke ~

I left the bikes in India sadly :(
They're with my friends , I want to know , how could I bring it to Saudi Arabia or Bahrain ?

Anyway to ship them ?

Please help me out , is it gonna cost a lot ? Procedures ?

Thanks  :top:

Sorry....I do share ur pain but procedures no idea...isn't avenger tht low slung bike...i lived in b'lore and bombay at in city traffic i preferred the regular ride... loved my Bullet 350... right side gears 1 up , 3 down and an extra neutral lever....had done a bomaby pune ride on it....lovely memories..

Thanks for the reply

Wish I can find out how to import a bike !

But you know it was strange when I used to find Indian Motorcycles in Bahrain  :o

I saw an avenger once , even a Pulsar  :o

Wonder how they ship it to Bahrain  :mad:

Hi guys,

Apologies for the late response. I haven't been on this forum for a while now. And yes, Trust me when I say my motorbike has been the element that has been keeping me sane. Been 6 months with the bike and have done 9,700Kms of liesure Riding around Riyadh on weekends.

@gunner757: I wouldn't advise you to go through the import procedures, the procedures to import, once the bikes are in Saudi Ports are easy, but I'm guessing I don't have to tell you about the craziness that would be dealing with our Indian Customs folks to ship the bikes out. That said, there are so many pulsars, Unicorns, Royal enfields etc available here in the middle east, but bloody overpriced in comparison to home.

I had a 220 back home too, that brings me to the second point, these air cooled sub 250cc, 20bhp machines are way too under powered for this place. You'll be treated like dirt, the way the normal traffic treats the scooterwalas/ Sweyd motorbikers.

That said, you can still bring your bike here from India on Carnet Depassage, have it here for 6 months run with indian plates. You can find bigger bikes for much lesser monies if on a budget if you search.

roopesh91 wrote:

Hi guys,

Apologies for the late response. I haven't been on this forum for a while now. And yes, Trust me when I say my motorbike has been the element that has been keeping me sane. Been 6 months with the bike and have done 9,700Kms of liesure Riding around Riyadh on weekends.

@gunner757: I wouldn't advise you to go through the import procedures, the procedures to import, once the bikes are in Saudi Ports are easy, but I'm guessing I don't have to tell you about the craziness that would be dealing with our Indian Customs folks to ship the bikes out. That said, there are so many pulsars, Unicorns, Royal enfields etc available here in the middle east, but bloody overpriced in comparison to home.

I had a 220 back home too, that brings me to the second point, these air cooled sub 250cc, 20bhp machines are way too under powered for this place. You'll be treated like dirt, the way the normal traffic treats the scooterwalas/ Sweyd motorbikers.

That said, you can still bring your bike here from India on Carnet Depassage, have it here for 6 months run with indian plates. You can find bigger bikes for much lesser monies if on a budget if you search.

I wish I could bring an Avenger or simple bike like Pulsar 220 !

Don't Bajaj dealers do direct shipping ?

I'm unsure of that. But I've seen so many pulsar 180s in dubai, some 220s too. A quick online search would guide you to some dealers in dubai who'd be willing to ship here.
That said, there is a particular displacement limit,  >100cc, beyond which you'd have to get your bike registered with Saudi registration plate et all.

And for that you'd need a motorcycle license anyway.