Please guide me in traveling to malayisa.

My company relocating me to Kuala lumpur malayisa on client location. they offer me 4800-5000 RM for a month. Is this  enough to live a good life in malayisa. i am single . Please suggest. your comments are valuable for me.

Here is a link to a guide on job salaries in Malaysia.

Salary Guide (slow to open)

You may be able to see if you are being paid a reasonable salary. Do they offer to find and pay your accommodation and any other benefits?  It is the minimum expat salary and you can easily survive on it. But if you want to have a car, whole studio/apartment to yourself, party a bit, eat out, and travel to see the wonderful sights in the region, drink beer in bars, you would blow it easily. It all depends what you think "the good life" is. 

Another criteria is where in Malaysia would you be working?

Also will you continue to be a staff member of your current company in India, and will they pay you your salary back in India (income tax considerations need to be considered).

Hello Gravitas,

they are not pay for my accommodation and yes i will be staff member for india. can you please tell me the if i work more then 182 days than the taxes which deducted @ of 26% will be refund or not ?\

Thank you for your valuable response ?

If you are going to paid your salary in India and not in Ringgitt Malaysia (RM) you need to complete an Avoidance of Double Taxation request to the tax office in Malaysia.

Otherwise, yes they can claim 26% (2014) and 25% (2015 until tax resident) in Malaysia. If you dont organise your tax properly and end up with an unexplained non-payment, the system here is you are blacklisted and stopped from leaving the country until part is paid and you appeal the rest - not nice and expensive.

EMPLOYEES - never rely on your company to organise your tax efficiently - it is your responsibility to make sure you are paying the correct amount and you can always go to HASIL and have a meeting to discuss.

From what write, you are coming under the Professional Pass (Short Term), which is different from the Employment Pass - i.e. the minimum salary does not apply.

If you live modestly the salary is just about OK - but there will be not much left as has become expensive to live in Malaysia, contrary to the past. i.e. Vegetarian food cooked at home will be at least RM500 per month and if you want milk and meat then it will be RM1000 per month. Accommodation (depending on where you will live) can be anything from RM500 to RM1,5000 per month. With tax of RM1250 (on RM5k) to be deducted your take home will b RM3500 only.

they pay me in RM, my office will be located in Jalan stesen Sentral in K.L . so i will find a room near by this location.

i m confused about taxes what happed if i worked for 2 years? is there any way to save taxes? i am a simple living person, non - drinker. should i ask for more salary from my employer?

You must pay the local taxes - it is seen as a duty - that is why they barr you from leaving the country if you default or underpay. In April 2016 if still here, you can claim a refund for overtax payments during 2015. Non refund for 2014 though. The Professional Pass (short term) is only valid for 1 year initially.

You can find rooms sometimes using these website, but networking is the best way. There are lots of flat sharing in Brickfields with people in similar circumstances to your own.

www.ihomerent.comwww.ibilik.mywww.iroomrent.comwww.mudah.my/Kuala-Lumpur/Rooms-for-rent-2100

If you check out the link sent your earlier your type of work may be listed and you can see the max and min salary levels. Its quite detailed and informative and if you think you should be paid more you can refer your employer to it.

I can say if you live at Malaysia especially KL without anything (car, house, etc etc under company) bare by company let say I choose the highest, RM 5000.00 is very hard as staying is not cheap at KL, if you want to stay cheaper, you need to stay far away but the traffic i can say is terrible nearlly all day long especially raining time. food wise depends how smart you are at KL, average food price will be around RM 10 or more with drinks but some shop (Indian Muslim / Mamak) will be cheaper, what I can say is not easy especially you stay near Sentral (place called as Brickfields)...

RM 10 x 3 times a day x 30 days = RM 900(unable to get it inside Plaza Sentral except fast food ya), room (forget to get room since you got no friend here that unable to share) house rental RM 1500 easily for apartment but foreigner maybe higher, lastly the tax... without car ya... you can survive travelling at KL without car but not outside KL as taxi charges is quite high..

all included, I can say you are just safe a penny only

I am Malaysian staying at KL (going to Indonesia soon..hehe)

Good Luck