Sick Leave during Probation Period+Annual Leave+Indemnity

Dear All,

1. Please guide me whether an emplyee is allowed to take sick leave during his/her probation period as per BAHRAIN LABOR LAW?

2. Annual Leave should be calculated on basic salary or full salary ( basic, HRA, transport/Mobile allowance)?

3. At the time of final settlement when an employee resigns/termianted , all settlement (Indemnity, annual leave) should be on basic salary or ful salary?

Please reply me as per the Bahrain Labor Law.

Thanking you

Regards,
Saima

enigamtic.saim wrote:

Dear All,

1. Please guide me whether an emplyee is allowed to take sick leave during his/her probation period as per BAHRAIN LABOR LAW?

2. Annual Leave should be calculated on basic salary or full salary ( basic, HRA, transport/Mobile allowance)?

3. At the time of final settlement when an employee resigns/termianted , all settlement (Indemnity, annual leave) should be on basic salary or ful salary?

Please reply me as per the Bahrain Labor Law.

Thanking you

Regards,
Saima

Hello enigamtic.saim

Welcome to Expat.com

Kindly wait for response from members, not all members may have the required info you are seeking.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Oh yeah - these are very specific questions and need a bit of work to ensure proper answers are provided (unless one is an HR professional familiar with Bahrain Labour Law). I called a friend of mine in HR and this is what they said for each of these questions:

1) Per Bahrain Labout Law, sick leave is not available during the probation period. Any leave taken has to be taken off the annual leave entitlement or as no-pay leave. However, each organization and/or manager is at liberty to provide sick leave during probation, at their own discretion.

2) Leave equivalent is calculated based on basic salary.

3) Final settlement is calculated based on full compensation (basic salary plus allowances).

Good luck!

thank you Kenjee & Farhaz .

I must appreciate the efforts of admin of the blog. (y).

:lol:

@Farhaz plz also clarify that annual leave is applicable during probation period or not ..plz share article number as in bahrain its as per article number only.

Hi Mehu kon,

You are commenting on a thread that has been inactive since August 2014. It is therefore unlikely that there will be any replies.

There are many recent conversations on the Bahrain forum that I invite you to read. If you want to discuss a specific topic, please do not hesitate to create a new discussion.

Vero
Expat.com team

@Farhaz plz also clarify that annual leave is applicable during probation period or not ..plz share article number as in bahrain its as per article number only.

- @MEHU kon

Yes, Leave is applicable for the probation period as well.

Article (58):
Subject to the provision of Article (60) of this Law, a worker who has completed at least one
year's service with his employer shall be entitled to annual leave on full pay for a period of
not less than 30 days at the rate of two and a half days for each month.
If a worker's period of service is less than one year, he shall be entitled to such leave upon a
quantum meruit in respect of the proportion of his service in that year.