Jobs for English/Portuguese speakers?

Hello everyone  :cheers: 

I just found this while looking for job ads in Kuwait. I'm currently in Portugal (Portuguese citizen too) and working as a receptionist in a lawyers office for over 3 years. I have only my Highschool diploma. However I have an extensive experience in customer service and desk work.

The big problem is that most of the jobs I found that could suit me require speaking/writing Arabic. I know some companies there do business with Portugal or Brazil, or require English only and I was hoping to find them. I'm aware it is a very small niche but still I'm hopeful!

So if anyone knows anything that can help it would be very appreciated!

if you are looking in reception,or secretary they will require you to have good arabic speaking skills as there are many clients who only speak arabic. but still it dosent mean you have no chance.try learning arabic little bit.

you can look for jobs in american management companies,or english companies who would require.you may also check the american and british embassies websites as they do sometimes have such vacancies.

also google what ever you look for.

unfortunately Isabel you are still far too early in your career to jump to Kuwait with only 3 years of work experience and a high school diploma. dont get me wrong, its amazing you are actively pursuing work abroad, however the reality of the situation is that most positions that go to expats that are brought from abroad REQUIRE a university degree, unless it is something in the personal service sector. as a receptionist you would definitely need either a university degree or atleast a professional qualification as an equivalent, and yes Arabic would strongly help your case because some arabs who constitute the bulk of kuwait's population do not speak English.

the reason being that for your residency to be processed they would need a university degree for certain job categories.

good luck either way.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I did not make it very clear... I meant I have been working for over 3 years in my current job.  

I'm 29 now, so it would be really sad if I had just started working :D  I have an extensive experience in customer service, but more especially in roles that require dealing with delicate situations. This is why I'm hoping to find companies that do business with Portugal or Brazil.

Morning Isabel.

You could always try applying to several schools. Although many require degrees I have heard of those with little experience hold down places.

Apart from that some of the larger retail stores in 'the avenues' usually have quite a diverse backgrounds. A quick google aearch might help you out a little more.

As legacy said however it can be quite difficult without a degree but not impossible.