Accommodation in Jeddah -Struggling

I have joined one of the largest retail Companies at a Senior Management position. I have been struggling to find a house since one month in Jeddah. its been a terrible experience, there are no real estate agents in this city, i am running around building by building talking to Harris (Watchmen) who treats me like a socks door to door salesman.All good places want to let out only to families which have 4 to 5  BRs.  My family is going to move only after next year as academic year has started for children.

I need a 2 BR at a good , neat and tidy locality where i can find Indian food.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. ([email protected])

Regards

expatriates[dot]com

expatriates.com/cls/24471013{dot}html

Unfortunately, that's how it is here.  Hope you find something.

Next time you move countries, move to a country where things are far more normal than they are here!

Trape -
Did you move or just on vacation?????

argggh these posts of random rants of "don't move here" are getting SOOOO old. answer the question at hand and keep your "tantrums"  to your self mr. trap!  :dumbom:

1) I did not say "don't move here", rather, I gave advice on where to move for his next move...

2) It wasn't random at all, he voiced frustration, and it was in acknowledgment of his frustration...

:sleep

On topic, check out the Facebook groups Jeddah Yard Sale and Jeddah Garage Sale.  Post your request there, and browse other people's posts.  And yes, expatriates.com too.

stressedmom wrote:

Trape -

He abandoned us to pursue higher education in the states - or that's what he's telling everyone.   I think it's just a quest for beer and bacon...   Jus' sayin' ;):cool::whistle:

Hi
if you are stll searching house in Jeddah we can help you
good luck

Rigger64 wrote:
stressedmom wrote:

Trape -

He abandoned us to pursue higher education in the states - or that's what he's telling everyone.   I think it's just a quest for beer and bacon...   Jus' sayin' ;):cool::whistle:

SM, didja notice Trap did NOT deny the beer and bacon quest?

For the OP, if you're with a large company are they not helping you with finding an accommodation?  Yes, the obvious answer if "If I'm posting here then they aren't..."  Got that - but it is normally the large companies that have standing relationships with the compounds.  If you can swing an intro to Mura Bustan I've grown to really like the Indian restaurant that sits between the Compound and Medina Road, right behind the NAFT gas station.  Great butter chicken and garlic nan.  Restaurant would be good to check out even if you can't get into the compound.

Good luck,

Rigger

We are doing an independent survey on how do you search for an apartment, please take the survey and help us capture more and more data. You can find the link in my profile.