Need some advice about schooling, medical care and good areas

Hi everyone!
My family and I are planning a move to Lebanon from UK. I have 3 young chikdren age 5,3&1 and I need some advice about schooling,  medical care and ares good for families. Woukd appreciate some help as I don't have contacts in Lebanon....well actually I have my husbands family but none of them speak English and ny Arabic is too basic lol.

Hi, it depends on the region you want to move to. The most peaceful regions (sometimes there are security problems especially due to the Syrian war) in Lebanon nowadays are Mountain of Lebanon (Byblos, Jounie, and the mountain..), Beirut the capital not the suburbs and villages in the south. Lebanon is excellent at schooling, and medical care, but you have to pay a lot :/ (there are public schools and hospitals but with a lower level). As for ares for families. it also depends on the place, and on what you are used to doing, eventually, I think this is the best thing in Lebanon where you can find the family spirit even with people no long time you know/meet, don't worry about this issue...Welcome to Lebanon dear :)

Thanks for the reply!
We haven't moved yet we are still in the early stages..I was offered a job in jounieh. My husband is originally Syrian but has British nationality now. I heard the wages in Lebanon can be quite poor. .I teach English as second language. My husband is a security guard. Are there many activities for women/chikdren only? For example I prefer the UAE because they have lady inly days/nights at the water parks and beaches so I can take the kids and relax (we r muslim family)

Jounieh is a good city! Wages in UAE are better but life in Lebanon is less expensive (accommodation..). As for women, there is always way to find a job but depends on the major! As for the children and the family, again I tell you that there are many sites you can go and get relaxed, but the main issue that the social life in Lebanon is very different from UK and UAE, in Lebanon you have to get in touch with people, they are very warm with respectful ones, and then you can have social relationships and friends ;)

Hi, am sorry, but haven't got what you want :)

Good news is my hubby has few family members there so it will be nice to have someone around. I think I might just give it a go and see after a year how I feel.Anything better than UK its sooooooo boring here and the weather is hust awful!

Hello mother of boisterous boys  :cheers:

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your posts on the Lebanon forum so as to help you get better interactions.

Regards
Kenjee

Hello! We moved to Lebanon five months ago. People always told us Lebanon was inexpensive. I don't believe this to be true. On average it appears that you need a very good salary/ position in order to do well here. Health insurance can vary but for a private insurance you will be looking at at least $200 a month. I suggest you go online and research rental prices for homes as well. Due to the influx of many refugees, rental properties are scares therefore, there are not that many to choose from and rental prices begin at $500 a month in the suburbs and at $1200 and up in the city. Schools for children are also quite pricey I suggest educating yourself about this before your move as all the good schools fill up quickly thus you will need to be put on a waiting list.
I think Lebanon is a very open minded environment and is a great place to raise a family. Currently it is somewhat unstable due to the war in Syria which is understandable. This is something to think about. There are certain areas that seem to be safer than others.
My advice would be to analyze what your salary will be here and all your expenses here to see if the move would be a good change. It's true what others wrote, you need to consider insurance, schooling and price of housing for good neighborhood.
As far as women only days at locations ... I have never heard of this here but I'm unaware perhaps there is but I think unlikely as Lebanon is a very liberal country.
Hope this helps.

Dear,

To answer your questions, i would like you first to check what are the main things you need to do in lebanon. If it's a family thing, i guess the best place will be good around the family , same area. If the reason is something else, i would recommend areas close to Beirut and far from chaos. Like Aaramoun, Bchamoun, Baabda, Hazmieh, etc... such areas are good to live in , not far from capital and could enjoy living in.

For medical insurance, there are lot of private companies that may do it. You need to register to it with your family. Sure if your husband did find a job "which is hard these days" he will have the right to cover around 80% of the medical insurance for you and your kids, and can cover up to 100% for certain positions " engineering, doctors, etc..)

I wish you enjoyment in your moving :) have a good day