Newbie asking for your guidance

Hello from Maine. I have retired and my wife is 1 year out. We have looked extensively in Mexico over the last few years, but that's off the table now. We have gone to Uruguay and Argentina and LOVED it, however it's expensive to get there and takes a very looong time in the air. Hopeing to find something closer so we can afford to go back and forth a couple of times a year.

We are lookin for a small, preferably individual home, ( condo may work out )ON/near the beach. Having some trouble identifying the best areas. My wife needs some community around her so out in the boonies won't work out.

I would be very grateful if anyone would name a few beach areas that are relatively easy to get to by car and have an established community for her "girlfriend" kinda stuf.

Many thanks in advance from both of us.

I would try the Coronado area.  There are alot of foreigners, a golf course, hospitals, nice beaches, a mall with an American-style grocery store and more in this area.  There are several luxury condo buildings ready to occupy in this area. 

If youŽd like some more specific info, let me know.

Justin

Thanks for your help Justin