Boat Insurance Belize

We are bring a boat to Belize in October and was wondering if it is the norm to insure a boat.  If so does anyone have any recommendations for Insurance companies that cover boats and average price?

how are you bringing the boat into Belize and what city? Are you doing the QRP or residency as you will have to pay a lot of taxes on it. Atlantic bank is where you can get the insurance for it as I bank there and the office for it is across the street but I live in Corozal.

We will be bringing it in under the QRP program, and it will arrive at Belize City.  I currently bank with Atlantic Bank, who would we contact for a price on the insurance?

Thanks
Jeannie

Where in Belize will you be staying at? I would just ask at the bank and they will set you up with the proper people as there are Atlantic insurance agencys all over the place. Also, where will your boat be stored or docked at as this will matter in the price. Careful of the QRP since they can look into your bank accounts.

What do you mean, they can look into your bank accounts? Are they not private in Belize?

Jeannie

No private bank accounts are a thing of the past If your homeland is USA they can look into your Belize bank accounts too. Oh and if you think moving your wealth into a private swiss account will hide it nope the pretext of searching for money laundering has enabled the US government to look at them all so they can tax you anywhere in the world. If other governments are not already doing it do not worry it will come.