Men's Shaving Supplies

I've just switched from cartridge razors to a double edge safety razor. I got all the equipment abroad though so I don't know where to find things here.

I need to find where I can buy razors blades here. I also need to find a stand to hold the razor and shaving brush, as mine unfortunately broke in my luggage.

I've only checked Carrefour and randomly walking around in City Centre, but no luck. Either I couldn't find them or they didn't exist there. No one I asked seemed to know what I was talking about either.

Any suggestions where to find these items?

Check Sharaf DG in Bahrain City Centre if you can't find them in Carrefour but I had the same problem. Unfortunately spare parts are not easy to find here.

Sharaf DG is an electronic store. You won't find them there. Take a mooch around the souq or order online and get them shipped here via Aramex or similar. Try Geant too

Josnuggles wrote:

Sharaf DG is an electronic store. You won't find them there. Take a mooch around the souq or order online and get them shipped here via Aramex or similar. Try Geant too

I also though Sharaf DG sounded crazy, but I will check there anyway. Anothe rperson at a shop in City Centre told me to check there too. I dismissed it, but since brightonguy mentioned it too it is worth a shot next time I am there. Since I am at Carrefour about 4 times per week it seems that won't be hard.

I found something about a distributor of a brand of blades called "Supermax" in Bahrain. If there is a distributor it would stand to reason there is a place to buy them too. Just need to find it.

I've never seen them in DG. More a coldstore or souq thing. Good luck. If I see them I will let you know

I thought you are looking for the electronic shavers. You can buy them there. If you are looking for the old school razors, supermarkets (Geant, Carrefour, Al Osra etc.) or the souq should be fine.

I'm actually looking for just the razor blades for really old school shavers (double edge safety razors).
Carrefour didn't have them. Haven't bothered to go hunting yet. But I will need to soon.

You can always ask for them at the barber you go..

Barber?!?!
You must not recall my hair!
What's left I just cut myself with clippers.

:) If you go to the first floor in the Almoayyed Tower, there is a barber there. They are quite helpful. I'm sure they will sell you some.

brightonguy wrote:

:) If you go to the first floor in the Almoayyed Tower, there is a barber there. They are quite helpful. I'm sure they will sell you some.

Thats what i too would do, Stakan. Just walk into a saloon and ask them if you could buy some. Or ask them where they get their stock from. :)

Hi Stakan
What you are looking for is available in Joofri's Stores in  Manama Souq. You can Google it. Razors and Blades are available and quite inexpensve at about 4 US dollars per razors.

IKEA have a toothbrush holder that I use to hold my safety razor.

I've not found any Dorco blades here which are my preferred brand as they don't rip my face off. I usually pick these up from sainsbury's in the UK though.

Anyone know what brand the ones in the souq are?

Hi there. Thanks for your input, but this is a 3 year old post.

I doubt very much if Stakan will be needing this anymore, since he is no longer in Bahrain  ;)

Well without that input I wouldn't have known where I can buy razor blades in Bahrain. Thanks Untamed_Spirit :top: