Indian Restaurants or stores in HCMC

Hi,
Can you list down indian restaurants/stores along with addresses in Hochiminh city?

Sorry I can't give any exact locations. There are no business phone books for reference in Vietnam. I have seen many Indian restaurants scattered around town, as well as Indian grocery stores and goods. Also a number of Hindu temples and Islam mosques are.

Upon your arrival you can walk through the backpack area and find a couple of Indian restaurants. It's only a few square blocks so it should be easy enough to locate a restaurant. I'm sure someone in there should be able to connect you with many other Indian establishments. Or you could go to the Indian Embassy to get maybe the best recommendations.

thanks a lot for the replies...wil surely work on the suggestions...

My favorites are Ganesh, Ashoka, and Mumtaz! 

I believe all are located in District 1.

Thanks jamie...will surely visit them once i reach there in august...

was impressed with tandoor, on hai bai trung
ali baba, on mac thi buoi
and mumtaz, bui vien

and ganesh is on le thanh ton, so is ashoka, but i havent been to either

Hi guys...i am in hcmc now and living in District7.Can you tell me the ways to goto District1?

hi
Hey guys. there is one Indian restaurant Masala Kitchen located in small alley of Pham Ngu lao, district 1.
I was regular customer in ganesh and Mumtaz, but believe me I simply stop visiting there.
U should try Masala kitchen, I am sure u will love it.
Iam not sure about address its 28/21, Bui Vien street, Pham Ngu Lao ward, district 1.

I think u can google it Masala Kitchen Indian restaurant, HCMC.

i went to siagon india restaurant last night and the food there was good...since it was my first indian restaurant that i have been to here i cant compare...hope to visit more rest. soon...

Hi ritesh.

U should chk out Masala kitchen Indian restaurant. I am sure U will love it. For location U can chk my earlier posting.

Saigon Indian is by far my favorite - and they deliver too!!
73 1st Floor, Mac Thi Buoi, Dist.1, HCMC

Does anyone know addresses for Indian grocery stores? I really need to get some dhal and other fun ingredients to diversify my kitchen...

Hi all

There are many indian restaurants in hochiminh city.

Saigon Indian in Dist 1,
Tandoor in Dist 1,
Ganesh in Dist 1 & Dist 7,
Ashoka in Dist 1 & Dist 7,
Indian lounge in Dist 7,
Mumtaz in Dist 1,Bui vien Street,There are two more restaurants in the same street,i dont know the name.

For groceries you can try in Phuong Ha,53,Ham Nghi street,Dist 1.There are some dhalls,many indian groceries are available.There is one more shop adjacent to this,you can try there too.

One more in Bich Chau 423,Le Van Sy.This run by an Indian.

Cheers.

Thanks aswini.Since i have been here for over a month now.I can add to the list you mentioned.

-Bombay masala in dist1
-Indus Indian on thi sach street in D1/nguyen van linh street in d7
-new delhi indian rest on bui vien str D1
-1 more near saigon india.dnt remember the name.

So i can count atleast 10-12 restaurants on my finger tips in hcmc.Will update you as i find more.
Also i have visited the indian store many times and they have everything you can wish for.(although a bit expensive)

ciao
-ritesh

My favourite is Ganesh.

Really, all restaurants seem to be covered. And, I discovered a few more. :)
Any idea where to find "aata" or whole wheat flour in HCMC? I tried Bot Mi, but really, that's "maida" or refined wheat flour.

Phuong ha store and the store next to it...both have aata...the store next to phuong ha has better quality aata.Its on Ham Nghi street in District1.You will find everything in these stores.

Ganesh Indian Restaurant is one of the best Indian food in Ho Chi Minh City. Visited few times.

Palak Paner, Makhani Dal and Tandoori Roti are the great combination.

For menu lists and other information visit: ganeshindianrestaurant.com

Had been to Masala Kitchen restaurant yesterday and it was not worth the visit.

Lot of maida in every dish and taste was also bad.

Would recommend Saigon / Ganesh. Need to try Indus once..

Hi there! here's the list of Indian Restaurants I tried in Saigon and the food are just superb.
Saigon Indian 73 1st Floor, Mac Thi Buoi, Dist.1 I heard the chef from here is originally from Chennai
Punjabi 40/3 Bui Vien Street District 1
If you walk along Pham Ngu Lao Street, there is Elios Hotel.There's a small alley that leads to Bui Vien.If you walk in that area, there's an Indian Restaurant there too.I forgot the name. Sorry about that.The service is a bit slow but the food is fine. When we were there, my friend requested the chef to adjust the flavour because I cannot take strong flavour on my food.They did as instructed. I hope this one can help.

It's kind of funny, because I actually didn't like Indian food until moving here.  Now I almost get the sweats if I don't have it once a week.  Here are my suggestions (keep in mind, I'm a vegetarian):

I could go on and on about each place, but here's my top five:

1.  Saigon Indian - 73 Mac Thi Buoi
2.  Ganesh - 15b4 Le Thanh Ton
3.  Alibaba - 143 Mac Thi Buoi
4.  Mumtaz - 226 Bui Vien
5.  Tandoor - 74 Hai Ba Trung - don't get me wrong, Tandoor is amazing, but for the price, you can get just as good elsewhere.

I keep meaning to check out Ashoka.  With all the praise for it on here, it looks like I might have to finally go there this week.

Can i add one more restaurant
http://www.meowistoc.info/pic/year2010/10/02-indianfoods/IMG_0149.JPG

My favorite is Little India restaurant and hotel. Its best Indian restaurant in Bui Vien. They are located at 135 Bui Vien, Dist 1. When my wife have been come in VietNam (she is Indian), I buy ataa and some Indian masala in here for cooking at home. If you want to buy, maybe you can ask owner resraurant, good and cheap (Im not sure they sell to everybody, but you can ask). Great!!!

I know where is sell Atta , suji , masala .. Gree cheese. Pls go to 60 ham Nghi . District 1 . It is Thai Hoa Shop

In Thai Hoa shop . they have chana dal , basmati rice too

There are lists of restaurants and stores, SEARCH for Halal in this forum.

There are a few pricey VN stores with Indian condiments and herbs around 60 HAM NGHI - near NHU LAN RESTAURANT.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]