Want to move to India

Hi everyone!
I understand that many expats from the United States are in India due to out-sourcing and not necessarily by choice or desire.
I however, have a very strong desire to move to India.
BUT, I'm not exactly qualified. I'm a 22 year old American student going into my second year of college studying Hospitality and Tourism. I've worked in a restaurant for 3 years. No professional experience.
But I love the idea of living in India, in one of the major cities, and working in the tourism industry- high end hotels, resorts, etc.
I'm fascinated with India, and the many different cultures, languages, religions, and groups of people there. I understand that an interest in another country shouldn't exactly drive someone to move there, but I feel very passionate about this. I REALLY want to live and work there, even if I only stay for a year or two.
Is there any way I could successfully achieve this? How can one successfully move and work in India without being out-sourced from a job or taking an extended trip?
Any advice?
Thank you.

Hi RedDragonfly,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for your this introduction.

I wish you good luck in your research ;)

Hello,
How are you?
I am glad you are thinking about moving to India.

I am basically from India. I was in USA for about 7 years. I did my MBA from The Ohio State Univ. I returned last year and moved to Ahmedabad. I am running my own business here.

Would love to connect with you and help if I can.

Regards,
Kumar

HI-U CANNOT WORK HERE W/O A WORK PERMIT, EXCEPT A ADVISOR IN SOME FORM
HELPALL

Hi Parker,
I wanted to reply to you but this blog doesnt allow me to reply in private for some reason.

I can answer any questions that you might have.
You can email me at kumar (dot) eximp (at) gmail (dot) com
Regards,
Kumar

kumar_p wrote:

I wanted to reply to you but this blog doesnt allow me to reply in private for some reason.

As you are new member read the guidelines....

kumar_p wrote:

Hi Parker,

I can answer any questions that you might have.
You can email me at kumar (dot) eximp (at) gmail (dot) com
Regards,
Kumar

To use the PM system you first have to post a certain number of times. This is designed to stop spammers from joining up and immediately sending out spam emails.
Any posts have to be on topic, informative. Silly one word or smiley posts will not be accepted.

Thanks for the info guys.
I really appreciate it.

I understand the rules but sometimes I feel like these are against the very purpose of sharing experience... And sharing it quickly when needed.
I will try to put more posts. But dont know when they will approve me to be a full fledged member.

Thanks.

Hi RedDragonfly,

I hope before coming to India you are researching well on which hotels you are aiming to join. You can try and contact them and get an skype interview done with them. If it clicks you will be hired instantly. Otherwise you can just have an extended stay here and try to network with them.

When you are planning to relocate you can hire a relocation company like PM Relocations or Writers etc, which will not only help you in your move but will assist you in your VISA and FRRO,  home search etc needs. If you plan to have an extended stay you can also book a city orientation with them. So that you just have to find a job rest can be done by them.  :)

Hope you enjoy your stay in the country!