Transportation of Household Goods

I will be moving my family to Manila around October end this year and wanted to check with others on the forum:

What should I consider while moving stuff?
Who are some of the reliable movers and would they pack as well?
Any estimates on the budget I should keep in mind?

I want to move furniture, Clothes that cannot go in the flight and a new Smart TV that I want to continue using.

Thanks for your responses.

send me a PM I am glad to help

Hello, I am Hideo from Japan, living in Manila. At the time you turn in a list of items to a moving company, Pls watch out with the list, make sure the list has no undeclared items, if there is omission,Customs in Manila may keep all declared items until you pay up penalty, and usually they keep it  for a couple of months depending on items. That what happened to our company due to one tiny undeclared item. Good luck.

Yes declare everything on the inventory to avoid custom declaration issues. "Intermovers" is a great company in Kuala Lumpur who ship many things to the Philippines and also helped out when the last big Typhoon hit Phils. Run by an English guy called Julian - he'll certainly give you some good helpful advice even if he cant help you personally. Google them, I was impressed with their service/honesty.

thanks for the info.

pushkar_m wrote:

I will be moving my family to Manila around October end this year and wanted to check with others on the forum:

What should I consider while moving stuff?
Who are some of the reliable movers and would they pack as well?
Any estimates on the budget I should keep in mind?

I want to move furniture, Clothes that cannot go in the flight and a new Smart TV that I want to continue using.

Thanks for your responses.

Hello

Do you still to import your goods?

Hi Shane14 - just as you know.. this thread here is a bit old  :)

hihihi. I didn't see the date. Thanks for letting me know.

Hey, take a look at this,
https://www.mainstreet.com/slideshow/8- … t-you-know

I'm not sure about what to consider when moving stuff. But can suggest you about the movers that you are going to hire. If you have time, just take few minutes to visit this site, https://www.gawin.ph/ they do transportation services also. They will send you few movers with the prices for you to compare, and you are free to hire the one suits you best. Their price comparison tool could give you an idea on the average prices of the movers too, based on the quality. I have been using them for other services. Good experience to share! :)