NEW LOGO FOR BRAZIL'S POSTAL SERVICE

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7TAxli1K9OM/U3VIx3GIvXI/AAAAAAAASBw/tyfb701U5nQ/s1600/img.php.jpg

The Brazilian government has spent R$42 million (US $21 million) to change their logo, some big change! The new logo above and old logo below, wow!

As if this wasn't wasteful enough they spent an additional R$30 million (US $15 million) on a television ad campaign to announce the change, as if this was an absolute necessity in the first freakin' place! Yet, this was the same government whose PRESIDENT stated emphatically, only a few months earlier when postal workers staged a nationwide strike, that the country didn't have the money to meet their demands for a decent living wage.

And just how much did these idiots in Brasília spend on improving the postal services provided??? You guessed it... not one thin centavo!

They would have done well to improve conditions within the postal system in order to help guarantee that you might even stand a fighting chance of actually getting your mail delivered at all, which is dubious at best; than to waste $36 million bucks for a "new look".

At the same time, they waste even more suing the ass of private courier companies like FedEx, UPS and DHL whenever they deliver anything that even remotely resembles something protected by the monopolistic laws that govern postal services in this Banana Republic. Recently they took legal action against FedEx for delivering US passports in Brazil, claiming that it fell under the category "correspondence" which is protected and the exclusive "property" of the Brazilian Postal Service. What rubbish!

Just why do you think it is that NONE of the utility companies in this country rely on the Correios to deliver utility bills? Simply because they just can't be trusted to do the job in the first place.

Oh, Madam President... Just where the Hell is my Canada Pension Plan cheque that went missing in the mail 3 months ago and the other one that has just gone missing this month too? Did you guys take them in order to help pay for this "new look", since you're supposed to be so broke?

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

And it would be a safe bet that the company employed to do the logo changes was a 'friend of a friend' who had a contact in the Govt.

It would be extremely foolish to think otherwise....... Hell man, this is Brazil, isn't it?   ;)

It also works in other countries, even Australia. :whistle:

Sent two letters REGISTERED MAIL to Canada on July 7th. Over a month later neither of them has arrived at their destination yet. In fact, it took over 10 days for them to get from the post office in Macaé - RJ where I posted them to the distribution hub in Rio de Janeiro.

Maybe they should have spent the 36 million USD on improving their services and not just on a "new look". Certainly didn't improve their IMAGE at all either.

I guess they've found a good use for all the unwanted and abandoned JUMENTOS in the Northeast. It looks like they're being used to transport the mail now.

http://images.quebarato.com.br/T440x/vendo+jumento+pega+regsitrado+taubate+sp+brasil__7E08C3_1.jpg

I went to the local police Delegacia on the morning of Dec. 31, to file a complaint about 4 government checks that come by mail being "diverted" (can't say stolen I guess) in the mail just in 2014 alone. I'm getting tired of living like a pauper because of the inefficiency and dishonesty that is dragging this country's postal service into the abyss.

After leaving the Delegacia I stopped at the branch of the post office that is responsible for our district. It was 12:00 noon, lo and behold there was absolutely nobody there except for a lone security guard despite the fact that they're supposed to be open until 5 pm daily. When I questioned this the guard told me that everybody had gone home because of the "holiday". and wouldn't be back until Monday, Jan. 5, 2015.

Well folks I'm here to tell you that Jan. 31 is not a HOLIDAY and neither is Friday, Jan. 2, but this is Brazil. They use any excuse possible not to work when they're in the public service. No bloody wonder it takes a month for a Registered letter to get to Canada, it takes 15 days just to get to Rio from Macaé.

Here we have a letter carrier that hasn't been seen or heard from in over a month, she shows up at the post office to pick up the mail she's SUPPOSED to deliver. Beyond that nobody knows what she's doing because she sure isn't making her rounds and delivering any of it. Monday, when these lazy louts are back to work I am going back to register a formal complaint, show their chief the police report and tell the guy that since (until the moment I cash them) these checks that have vanished are property of the Canadian government that means the Policia Federal also have jurisdiction to investigate and I intend to file a complaint with them as well as the Civil Police. Further that I will be informing the Canadian Consulate-General of the disappearance of government checks so they can take appropriate measures too.

This is what happens because Brazilians never complain about this kind of stuff happeniing. The whole bairro hasn't received mail for ages and nobody will get off their asses to do anything. Enough is enough!!!! If it takes a cranky old "gringo" to rattle a few cages, then so be it.